Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Sim Card - replacement

Tchikyds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My SIM card isn’t working.

I have an iPhone that I was using with PM SIM card. I had to go to Europe for an emergency so I activated auto-forward from PM to my company E-Sim.

Now I am back and I can still get calls that are auto forwarded from my PM number to my corporate number, however my phone can’t read my PM Sim Card. I tried:

1) reset network settings on my phone - No Success;

2) Insert another provider SIM card in a spare Samsung phone: it worked;
3) Insert that provided SIM on my iPhone and it worked;

4) Inserted PM SIM Card in the Samsung, and it did not worked. 
5) Insert PM SIM card on my iPhone and it did not worked again.

So I think my PM card is broken. 
My main question is: Would I be able to have a free replacement for my SIM card? It’s past 12 months since I bought my PM card.

My second question: do the SIM cards have warranty? 

Thank you in Advance 🙂

10 REPLIES 10

The cheapest SIM cards currently are from this place: (Currently $1.99 each)

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

They mail them out via standard Canada post lettermail - so most places in Canada will receive in 3-5 days.

If you need it faster, there are many other places to get one in person for the usual $10+tax (London Drugs, Walmart, SuperStore mobile Kiosk, etc) theres a map-tool here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If end up having to get a sim delivered,  I ordered one through amazon prime recently, it seems to be the fastest way unless you're close to a retail store that sells them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tchikyds wrote:

So I can log on my account and got charged on my CC. I was out of the country for 3 weeks, but I have auto pay. I can’t dial any number cause none of my phones recognize PM number

And is the status Active?

Another thing to look at is to use the Change SIM function and take note of the last 4 digits of the registered SIM #. Then compare that to your actual physical SIM. Are they the same? Don't try to change it if not.

Tchikyds

Yap that’s it, forward calls are still working!

Tchikyds

So I can log on my account and got charged on my CC. I was out of the country for 3 weeks, but I have auto pay. I can’t dial any number cause none of my phones recognize PM number

Tchikyds

thank you, I will have to go during the weekend. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tchikyds : Can you log in to your account? How long ago did you leave the country? What happens when you dial 611 with the PM SIM in any phone? Did you keep paying for your account?

OP said calls are still being forwarded so the account is active and has been paid for.

Yup. And I would have said voicemail would not work on a suspended account too. But another regular has said it does. So I'm fishing a little as well.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tchikyds : Can you log in to your account? How long ago did you leave the country? What happens when you dial 611 with the PM SIM in any phone? Did you keep paying for your account?

OP said calls are still being forwarded so the account is active and has been paid for.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tchikyds wrote:

Hello,

My SIM card isn’t working.

I have an iPhone that I was using with PM SIM card. I had to go to Europe for an emergency so I activated auto-forward from PM to my company E-Sim.

Now I am back and I can still get calls that are auto forwarded from my PM number to my corporate number, however my phone can’t read my PM Sim Card. I tried:

1) reset network settings on my phone - No Success;

2) Insert another provider SIM card in a spare Samsung phone: it worked;
3) Insert that provided SIM on my iPhone and it worked;

4) Inserted PM SIM Card in the Samsung, and it did not worked. 
5) Insert PM SIM card on my iPhone and it did not worked again.

So I think my PM card is broken. 
My main question is: Would I be able to have a free replacement for my SIM card? It’s past 12 months since I bought my PM card.

My second question: do the SIM cards have warranty? 

Thank you in Advance 🙂

@Tchikyds You will have to go and purchase a new SIM.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.