cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Micro sim card exchange to nano possible?

apvm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a brand new Micro sim card which I never activate it, wondering if it is possible to exchange for a nano one so that I don't need to buy another sim.  TIA

14 REPLIES 14

apvm

It is offical and for the record "can not exchange" from the mod team.

Thanks to all who replied.

@apvm wrote:

I am not in a hurry and I don't think I am near you since you mentioned London Drugs, we don't have London Drugs in London.

London has 3 of the stores (at least) that I mentioned.  I'm sure you can find one locally.  The Mobile Shop will be located inside the larger Loblaw's owned stores (Zehr's, Great Canadian Superstores, some No Frills, Fortino's).

@apvm wrote:

Not this card, I have the full orange color sim card with just the micro sim size.  That is from a few years ago.  Not going to cut it, tried that with a speakout sim a few years ago and it did not work, my skill not up to the job.

You will not be given a replacement SIM for that old one. If you are activating a new account just give a referral to a PM customer and you will receive a $10 credit anyway.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Not all Public Mobile.sim cards are of this tri-size variety.  There was a time when Public Mobile had 3 different sizes available.  When ordering, you had to specify which you needed.  i can't see a retail location swapping it for you since they never carried this type of sim card and they will know that you didn't get it from them.

apvm

Not this card, I have the full orange color sim card with just the micro sim size.  That is from a few years ago.  Not going to cut it, tried that with a speakout sim a few years ago and it did not work, my skill not up to the job.

apvm

I am not in a hurry and I don't think I am near you since you mentioned London Drugs, we don't have London Drugs in London.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@apvm 

This is what the new card looks like.

simc ard triple punch.jpg

If you have an ancient one you could cut it, but I suggest just paying the $10 and getting a new one, I have heard rumors the old ones have difficulty connecting to LTE. In the long run $10 is nothing compared to the long term savings with public mobile.

@apvm, it's a $10+tax purchase at WalMart, WOW Wireless, K-Mobile, The Mobile Shop or London Drugs.

You can get one today, rather than waiting 3-7 business days for it to be sent to you by the moderators after they get to your non-essential request to swap a card.

Heck, if you're local to me, tell me by Private Message - I've got a spare.

apvm

Thanks, I think I will message the mod here to see if they are willing to exchange it for me.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hard to tell if they will exchange it for you at the store. Probably not if it is not one of the (few) Public Mobile locations. 

You can always cut the SIM card yourself if you are willing to risk it, using an online guide/printable template. If you end up damaging it, you will have to get a new one, which puts you back in the same boat as you are in now. 

apvm

It is sim that was given for free a few years ago from Public Mobile.  Anyway thanks for the replies.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@apvm wrote:

No that was an old card, only micro, one size, not the 3 in 1 type.

Try going back to the store and see if they'll exchange it.  Worst they can say is no, have a nice day.

apvm

No that was an old card, only micro, one size, not the 3 in 1 type.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@apvm wrote:

I have a brand new Micro sim card which I never activate it, wondering if it is possible to exchange for a nano one so that I don't need to buy another sim.  TIA

@apvm The Public Mobile card contains 3 sizes.  The nano SIM is the smallest size; it is inside the micro SIM card, just punch it out.  See link

3-in1 SIM card

Need Help? Let's chat.