cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a new sim card and my phone got blocked. It needs a master unlock code

mdudani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new sim card from Rogers, but when I put it into my Galaxy S5 Neo it said the sim was invalid and that I needed to enter a sim network unlock code. I tried some codes from other forum posts and Rogers, but they all failed and now it says my phone is blocked and that I now need to enter a master unlock code. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Live chat with Samsung if you cant get your carrier to network unlock the phone. I just did last night and it worked!

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mdudani wrote:

I bought a new sim card from Rogers, but when I put it into my Galaxy S5 Neo it said the sim was invalid and that I needed to enter a sim network unlock code. I tried some codes from other forum posts and Rogers, but they all failed and now it says my phone is blocked and that I now need to enter a master unlock code. Please help.

If it's locked and you outright own the phone then the carrier that has the lock must unlock it. 

Tags (0)

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ccdevmike wrote:

I'm doing the similar thing right now so I can use my old phone till I get a newer on! Virgin could not unlock it for me! 

If it's locked to Bell/Virgin and you outright own the phone then they must unlock it. 

ccdevmike

Solved! Chatted with Samsung and the unlocked it for me! So happy!

Wanted to let you guys know that.

@ccdevmike They have to. Call them again.

ccdevmike

I'm doing the similar thing right now so I can use my old phone till I get a newer on! Virgin could not unlock it for me! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunflowershine 

mdudani started this thread last August. Dailaans revived it a few hours ago. mdudani is probably long gone by now or happily using the service without trouble.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mdudani wrote:

@mdudani , did you buy a sim card of Rogers or you bought a sim card of Public Mobile? They are different. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dailaans wrote:

Hello, did you solve your problem. I need similar help.

@Dailaans 

Did you contact Samsung to get an unlock code? They're the only manufacturer that I know of that does so. I wish all manufacturers did that.

@Dailaans wrote:

If you try to unlock your phone and failed bunch of times, the phone master unlock code people were talking about can only be gotten from the phone manufacturer.

Dailaans
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

luckee7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You have to contact Samsung customer service to provide you with the master unlock code. Its your only choice since you entered too many wrong unlock codes.

@mdudani wrote:

You won't be able to find the code in any message forum (unless of course someone sees your post and has access the unlock code database - usually Samsung or Rogers employees).  Never just try random codes unless you're sure that's what the code is for. 

As for the code that Samsung or Rogers provides you, by default they're just going to provide the regular NCK unlocking code.  Since you've already said that your phone is asking for a master code, that regular code provided by Rogers or Samsung won't work until you get that master unlock code/unblock code.  That master code will have to be entered first, for which I believe resets the network unlock code counter.  After that, you would still need the regular unlocking code.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @mdudani,

Was your phone originally from Telus/Koodo?  

Are you a current Public Mobile customer?

Don't try too many times..10 failed attempts can brick your phone.  You need a unique code specific to your phone.  In the past, reaching out to Samsung customer service has worked.  If you are PM customer, then you can check with PM mods.. they only unlock Telus/Koodo phones though.  

Need Help? Let's chat.