cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blu Vivo 5

deepg82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I don't have access to an IMEI for the phone I'm planning to get (Blu Vivo 5) and would like to know if it's compatable with PM. I found the phone on amazon.com and .ca. The .com one works out to be cheaper even with the exchange rate.The  American one seems to work on a little less network frequencies than the Canadian one.

PM works on:

• For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  • For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands
  • For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

American version:

• 4G LTE, (2/4/7), 4G HSPA+ (850/1700/1900/2100). GSM Quad band: US compatibility Nationwide on all GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket, MetroPCS, Straight Talk, Pure Talk USA, and others. Please refer the User manual before use.

Canadian version:

• 4G LTE, (2/4/7/12/17), 4g HSPA plus (850/1700/1900/2100) GSM quad band

I checked online and it says the phone is compatable with PM except on 2G. I just want to be sure it'll work before I send money on it.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please keep us posted, @deepg82, though you should not have any problems.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

deepg82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks! I guess I'll just try activating it

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deepg82 it's possible that both are the same and one of the listings (.ca or .com) is incorrect.  Regardless, the only difference appears to be LTE bands 12 and 17.  I would go with the cheaper options, as you won't benefit much from those bands on PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Voila from willmyphonework.net: 3G yes, LTE sporadically as only 1 of the bands. BUT you'll only know for sure when you install a PM SIM.

Device Frequencies Blu Vivo 5  Carrier Frequencies Canada Public Mobile
2G Network: 
3G Network: 
4G LTE Network: 

Carrier Network does not support 2G
850MHz, 1900MHz
Band4-AWS, Band2-1900MHz, Band7-2600MHz

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.