cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Numbers

Altitudinus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have random numbers that call me during the night and then hanging up immediately after the first ring. I know how to block a specific number from my phone, but this person calling me has a different number every time. The number always has the first same 7 digits and then different ending digits 0115016XXXXXXX. This is becoming frustrating as this caller is waking me up during the night. Wondering if there is a way to block any number starting with certain digits or if there is a way for public mobile to do something to block this number?

11 REPLIES 11

Altitudinus

I have an Android Samsung Galaxy 7 I believe. 

This is a weird number because after the first 7 digits, there are another 8 digits after that! So blocking all variations would be impossible.

I will try putting an asterisk after the first 7 digits in my blocked number app and let you know if that works. Thanks! 

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'd just keep blocking the numbers until it stops....if it's the same first 7 digits every time then you will at least be able to make it stop after 10 times!

@Altitudinus 

The software on some phones allows fhe user the block all calls from any phone numbers not already saved on the phone. I would look if your phone has that option.

@Altitudinus 

What kind of phone do you have?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Altitudinus wrote:

I have random numbers that call me during the night and then hanging up immediately after the first ring. I know how to block a specific number from my phone, but this person calling me has a different number every time. The number always has the first same 7 digits and then different ending digits 0115016XXXXXXX. This is becoming frustrating as this caller is waking me up during the night. Wondering if there is a way to block any number starting with certain digits or if there is a way for public mobile to do something to block this number?

@Altitudinus  Try adding the following to your block numbers list using your dialer app:

0115016*

@Altitudinus I'm quite sure that some of our more tech minded members may have a way.  The tried and true version is to individually block each one. 

Altitudinus

My only concern with turning the phone off would be missing an emergency phone call from a friend or family member (if for whatever reason they needed to get a hold of me). It's definitely an option, but I was wondering if there was a way to just block the set of numbers.

And of course block the number on your phone. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If iPhone turn on Do Not Disturb. You can set the hours and have other options. It covers calls and texts. 

See here 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Have you looked to see if there is an app you can download to take care of this problem.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Can you just turn the phone OFF during your sleep period...or anytime when you don't need to be disturbed.

I know it's a habit to leave it on....but honestly you can sleep better without that phone ON all night.

Give it a try for a week.

Need Help? Let's chat.