cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block a number (Voicemail)

wagnercardozo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since I bought PM I am receiving a spam call from the same number. I already block the number but it is leaving voicemail.

I would like to completely block this number if possible

Thanks

Wagner

13 REPLIES 13

ajkm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But that would block use of any voicemail at all. I wonder if the OP is asking for the ability to block just the spam voicemails they're getting?

Btw, YouMail, which is free, is able to do this - it analyses the incoming number.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sunflowershine wrote:

@wagnercardozo Maybe you can set up not using the voicemail at all. The steps are following: 

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

This assumes that the OP is okay with preventing callers from leaving messages.  In this day and age, people are expected to have voicemail. 

@dabr wrote:

Yes that's true people can still leave voicemail if you block the number, but if you see the number that's left the voicemail, you don't need to retrieve that message.  I've blocked unknown numbers and have found, over time, that they have greatly decreased in the frequency of incoming calls from those numbers now.  So not ideal but can be helpful.

But I've never heard of the third party app referenced by @RobertQc  , sounds interesting though.

Depending on the system software and software version on your phone, blocked calls do not always show up in your call log.  As such, in those cases, there would be no way to know how left the messages until calling in to retrieve them.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wagnercardozo Maybe you can set up not using the voicemail at all. The steps are following: 

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@wagnercardozo wrote:

Since I bought PM I am receiving a spam call from the same number. I already block the number but it is leaving voicemail.

Thanks

Wagner

Can you see in your settings of your phone if you can block a number? Public mobile can’t do that.

Blocking numbers at the phone level really do nothing more than reject the call.  People can still leave messages.

Yes that's true people can still leave voicemail if you block the number, but if you see the number that's left the voicemail, you don't need to retrieve that message.  I've blocked unknown numbers and have found, over time, that they have greatly decreased in the frequency of incoming calls from those numbers now.  So not ideal but can be helpful.

But I've never heard of the third party app referenced by @RobertQc  , sounds interesting though.

@Lieux wrote:

@wagnercardozo wrote:

Thanks

Wagner

Can you see in your settings of your phone if you can block a number? Public mobile can’t do that.

Blocking numbers at the phone level really do nothing more than reject the call.  People can still leave messages.

@wagnercardozo  I have made it so certain numbers can not leave voicemail and it even plays a recording saying "the number you have called is not in service" with pf voicemail+

I only found out about because I had some problems where public mobile voicemail notifications were not working, now I get voicemail notifcations by not only my phone but also text and email so I KNOW 100% that I didn't miss any.

I even get notified of callers if my phone is off / out of service when I come back. It requires a bit of data though.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@wagnercardozo wrote:

Thanks

Wagner

@wagnercardozo wrote:

Thanks

Wagner

There is no way to prevent a specific phone number from leaving you mesaages, other than answering the call and hanging up.  Some third-party software will so that, but it will make it necessary to allow the phone to ring once for thatbto happen.  Stock software call blocking techniques do nothing but send calls directly to voicemail.  Public Mobile does not offer any call blocking/call management services.  The third-party voicemail service suggestion sounds interesting.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@wagnercardozo wrote:

Thanks

Wagner

@wagnercardozo  You can do it if you replace your public mobile voicemail with a free voicemail service called "PF Voicemail+"

I no longer use the public mobile voicemail system and its fantastic. I never knew how much control you could have over your voicemail system.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@wagnercardozoI don't think you have that option on the voicemail level.

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To my knowledge, you can’t do this. A moderator may be able to do this from their end (maybe @CS_Agent can confirm), but as far as I know, they’ll always be able to leave a message after you block them. 

Need Help? Let's chat.