cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Unknown numbers

kiyer315
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting calls from unknown numbers with the name as "No Caller Id".How can I block such calls?

12 REPLIES 12

BabyBluez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Open your dial keypad click on the three dots on the top right-hand side then click settings then click, call blocking, then click block unknown numbers or you can manually enter the number that you want blocked and confirm and you're done

BabyBluez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Click on the number that you want to block scroll down the list go to call details click on it then click on block number

kiyer315

there is no "Block Caller" at the bottom.

@Milk wrote:

@kiyer315 wrote:

I am getting calls from unknown numbers with the name as "No Caller Id".How can I block such calls?

Very easy to block callers --- on the phone screen go to recents - then touch the exclamation mark next to the number you wish to block and another menu will appear -- scroll to the bottom and you will see "Block this Caller" -----------

Unfortunately, that's not going to work if there is no phone number displayed.  Unknown caller/caller ID unavailable/Caller iD restricted are things that phones sometimes display when there is no phone number information to show.

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kiyer315 wrote:

Phone model is iPhone 6s Plus.Model # MKV82LL/A.

I checked in settings but did not find any option to block..

Very easy to block callers on iPhones --- on the phone screen go to recents - then touch the exclamation mark next to the number you wish to block and another menu will appear -- scroll to the bottom and you will see "Block this Caller" -----------

Milk

@kiyer315 wrote:

Very easy to block callers --- on the phone screen go to recents - then touch the exclamation mark next to the number you wish to block and another menu will appear -- scroll to the bottom and you will see "Block this Caller" -----------

@kiyer315 wrote:

I have very little experience with iOS, but it can definitely be done in one way or another.  Whatever method used, the calls don't actually get blocked completely, but rather such methods attempt to minimize the amount of time that you speed dealing with these calls.

I know that on my Samsung phone running Android that there is sotware pre-installed by the manufactuer to automatically send all calls from unknown numbers/call ID restricted  to voicemail without your phone ever ringing.  However, this does not prevent the person from leaving you a voice message.

The are other phone models out that there that will only allow you to auto send calls to voicemail using the stock set up if you know the number and have it saved in your contact list.

There are third party apps out there that do have settings to answer calls and hang up on the person.  Some of these apps do have settings to do that even to callers hiding behind unknown number. The person will not be able leave a message after that is done. One disadvantage to this method is that the phone will usually ring once for a split second.  Also, this will count as a completed call that you answered, usage-wise.

I am certain that there are anti-spam apps available in Apple's app store.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kiyer315 wrote:

On Android it's an easy thing to do. Maybe this will help for an iPhone 6s

@kiyer315, check this link out.  It tells you to setup two contacts.  "No Caller ID" and "UNKNOWN" and block the contacts.

http://osxdaily.com/2016/11/10/block-unknown-callers-no-caller-id-iphone/

emad

I don't think it's possible to block unknown numbers 

kiyer315

Phone model is iPhone 6s Plus.Model # MKV82LL/A.

I checked in settings but did not find any option to block..

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@kiyer315 wrote:

It depends on your phone not on public mobile. What's your phone name model?

Need Help? Let's chat.