cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Number

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd rather folks didn't know my number. Is there a way to block my number from showing up when I make calls? SIMon says you can press #31#, the area code and the number to do this. However with my previous providor there was a permanent way to do it so that I didn't have to dial #31# before each and every single phone call. Wondering if PM has anything like that? 

I have a Samsung Rugby III

10 REPLIES 10

@hairbag1 wrote:

@ljdemont...In this era of spammers, scammers and robo calls...many people, like myself, won't answer  a call from unknown numbers and masked numbers. If I don't see your number...I'm not answering. I reckon alot of people have adopted the same attitude.

That's a very good point. I don't think if's only @hairbag1 who feels that way. I think most people won't answer if you block the number so @ljdemont , this could render your phone almost useless for outgoing calls.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Click the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator assistance. They might be able to help you.

Doing it from the phone settings is a much better option because if it's turned off by the moderartors, you can't turn it  back on without their help again. I don't think the moderators will do it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ljdemont wrote:

I'd rather folks didn't know my number. Is there a way to block my number from showing up when I make calls? SIMon says you can press #31#, the area code and the number to do this. However with my previous providor there was a permanent way to do it so that I didn't have to dial #31# before each and every single phone call. Wondering if PM has anything like that? 

I have a Samsung Rugby III

@ljdemont...In this era of spammers, scammers and robo calls...many people, like myself, won't answer  a call from unknown numbers and masked numbers. If I don't see your number...I'm not answering. I reckon alot of people have adopted the same attitude.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ljdemont 

On the phone
  1. Dial *08 to turn off display of your Caller ID information on all outgoing calls.
  2. Dial *06 to turn on display of your Caller ID information on all outgoing calls.
  3. Dial *67 and then enter the phone number you want to call to turn off display of your Caller ID information for just that one call.

@ljdemont Try this
Open phone dialer app. Go to settings.
- Advance / more options.
- Additional settings.

Look for [Caller ID]
There are 3 choices available:
- Network default
- Hide number
- Show number

ljdemont

Samsung Rugby III flip phone.

laceydawn81

there is usually a way to set it in ur phone settings.. depending on what kind of phone u have

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have an Android phone go into the dialer settings, call settings, additional settings, caller ID and out pops a menu that allows you to block your phone number. 

For Iphone https://www.guidingtech.com/16889/disable-block-caller-id-iphone/

THEnewfie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
What phone model do you have? There may be a way within the phones settings to perma-block your number depending on the phone you're rocking

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ljdemont wrote:

Thanks.

Click the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator assistance. They might be able to help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.