cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackview 9500 (3G , sms broken)

Spencer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got a blackview 9500. And texting and 3g won't work,calls work ok but I hear I'm cutting out on their reciver

7 REPLIES 7

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yup, Koodo and Public Mobile are on the exact same network. More likely something else was the problem.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Spencer glad to hear it!  I guess the link that @Dunkman found wasn't the right model (or sub-model), or was just erroneous.  If the phone works with Koodo, there's no way it's 900+2100MHz only.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Spencer

I switched, it works with Koodo 100% fine. Will miss PM sort of my own backlash buying a nice phone to advanced for PM. farewell..

-Spencer

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman wrote:

@Spencer

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone?  to determine whether the problem is with hardware or service issue.  

I have a feeling that your phone may not be compatable with public mobile.  

https://www.gsm-specs.com/specifications/blackview-bv9500-pro/

It looks like that it runs on 900 and 2100 MHz, while Public mobile uses 850MHz and 1900MHz.

@Dunkman nice find!  I was having trouble finding specs for this model when I looked last night.  If this is the correct model @Spencer then this is definitely your issue--that phone is not compatible with Public Mobile (nor Koodo, Telus, Lucky, Virgin, Bell, Freedom).  Your only way to use it in Canada is with Rogers, Fido, or Chatr, on Rogers' 2G GSM network until it gets shut down.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Spencer

I will put the sim back into my old phone and take teh new one into a store then?

working fine in my old phone..

@Spencer

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone?  to determine whether the problem is with hardware or service issue.  

I have a feeling that your phone may not be compatable with public mobile.  

https://www.gsm-specs.com/specifications/blackview-bv9500-pro/

It looks like that it runs on 900 and 2100 MHz, while Public mobile uses 850MHz and 1900MHz.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spencer, Public Mobile voice is carried on 3G.  If you have voice, texting should normally work.  Have you checked your phone's compatibility with the Public Mobile network.  This can be done on a site like willMyPhoneWork.net or www.gsmarena.com?

Need Help? Let's chat.