cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Priv: setup

matthewsmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community.  My new blackberry priv doesn’t recognize my SIM card which I’ve transferred from my old phone.   Any suggestions or steps that I need to take to register new phone with old SIM card?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kishore in that case...  well I'm not sure.  The only thing I can think of now would be a factory reset.  But if you decide to try that, make sure you back up anything you want to keep that isn't already backed up or synced to a cloud-based service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kishore

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, SIM is working on other phones that means SIM is good.

Also i did restarted the phone, removed SIM, removed the battery, ON and OFF airplane mode and everything but its not working.

srlawren

@Kishore STL-003 is fine, that's the version all the Canadian networks were selling when it was available.  It should work 100% fine with Public Mobile.  

You didn't really answer my other questions:

1) have you used this phone on Public Mobile fine for a period of time, and it just stopped working out of the blue?  If so, have you tried rebooting?  Have you tried powering down, removing the battery and SIM card, waiting 60+ seconds, then putting the SIM card and battery back in?  Did that help?

OR:

2) are you a new activation and you have yet to get any service at all from Public Mobile using this SIM card?  If this is the case, it's very likely that either (a) you got a defective SIM card (it's rare, but does happen), or (b) your account activation encountered a glitch (and yes, this happens too).  You should reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  Explain the situation, ask them to check your account activation status, and if that all looks good, ask them if they can ship you a replacement SIM card in case yours is defective.

To contact them, please see below:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kishore

Thanks for the reply, mine is BlackBerry STL100-3 does this phone not compatible.

srlawren

@Kishore do you have access to another phone to test the Public Mobile SIM card in?  If this a new activation?  If so, there are a couple of possibilities:  1) the activation may not have completed successfully (due to gltich), and 2) the SIM card may be defective.  

Actually....  there is one other possibility:  which sub-model of Z10 do you have?   If it's STL100-2, you may not be able to use it with Public Mobile.  That model lacks 1900 (B5) 3G frequency. 

Kishore

Even I have the same issue, Public mobile sim is not working on BlackBerry Z10 unlocked phone, when I put sim card phone says searching network and after sometime displays only emergency calls. When I put all sims like Wind and Chatr its working. The problem is with Public mobile SIM.

Please advice do I have to do change in settings.

Thanks

Kishore

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you get any message like "No Service" or SIM not recognized? I don't know if Blackberry locks their phones to carriers, but is the Priv from another carrier? Just wondering if your phone is locked.

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

SIM cards are literally plug and play.  The new phone should be able to read it like on the old phone.  Try taking the SIM out and reinserting it.  When you say not recognised, I take this to mean the phone cannot tell there is a SIM card in the try.

Need Help? Let's chat.