cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place to buy Samsung S7 for use on Public Mobile

markjanzen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since preorders go live tomorrow, whats the best place that I can order the new Samsung S7?

11 REPLIES 11

Kdawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not sure about pre-orders, but on mobile devices Samsung directs you to "where to buy" ie a carrier for the most part. would love it if the did sell direct and unlocked.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

markjanzen

@7789849803 wrote:

Just to clarify, @markjanzen: You CAN, as a PM customer, just walk in to any Telus store and buy any device that they sell there. Just tell them you'll be paying the full price upfront, and they'll sell it to you at the normal (non contract-subsidised price).

All Telus devices work on PM without needing to be unlocked first.

id rather buy unlocked since there is no public mobile support outside of Canada!

markjanzen

thanks just realized Samsung stores were a thing. live in Calgary and the only store here is a Samsung experience stores in best buys. closest standalone store is Edmonton.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a Samsung store at Sherway gardens in Etobicoke. Might want to check there as well. I would think if they did the phone would be unlocked as well. 

Cheers

Just to clarify, @markjanzen: You CAN, as a PM customer, just walk in to any Telus store and buy any device that they sell there. Just tell them you'll be paying the full price upfront, and they'll sell it to you at the normal (non contract-subsidised price).

All Telus devices work on PM without needing to be unlocked first.

Hi. I do agree, BUT at the same time, also agree that prices wouldn't be as excellent as it is right now. Sometimes, its best to keep it as is than see fees spiral out of control

markjanzen

thanks for the replies. so sounds if I manage to buy at telus/kodoo it will work on public without unlocking. wish public would just sell phones through telus to make it easier..

I doubt anyone will be barred from buying a phone in any way other than the phones being locked to the Telus network. Carriers gets a cut from selling phones too, you know. So it's in their own interest to not make it any harder for customers. Or atleast that's what I think...

I'm not sure if Telus would permit non-Telus ppl to pre-order, even Koodo, if they do, that's excellent, if not, well, that can be hard.

Just saying

Mayor / Maire

Telus would be a good place, since the phones won't need to be locked, and you'd be guaranteed that they'll work on the Telus network. I doubt the phone would be available unlocked for pre-order, atleast in the first few days.

Need Help? Let's chat.