cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Dual SIM Phone?

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Other than OnePlus curious what other models are popular out there?

26 REPLIES 26

ckw888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is very much depending on what type of feature you want from the dual SIM. Many phone can have dual standby but only one active. I am using Z2 from Umidigi. It is dual active SIM that you can have two SIM cards active and receive calls at the same time. You can also select which one to do the voice, data or SMS. Of course, you can also disable one and just use one. This is useful you have one for Canada and one for outside Canada. i got this C$330. It has 6G RAM and 64G ROM. You can get more information from umidigi.com.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well... my 1520 just suffered a cracked screen (too many drops).  Found a good deal on a 950 xl dual sim on kijiji.   Seems to be working flawlessly.   Battery goes for full day and then some.

hardywang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used my Lumia 950XL with dual SIMs before, very handy.

mfazio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Seconded! Just received my Redmi Note 3 Pro INTL that was ordered standard shipping from BangGood (http://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Global-Edition-3GB-RAM-32GB-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-core...). Took about 4 weeks to arrive (would definitely do expedited shipping next time), but setup was a breeze, and getting full 4G service.

Amazing phone for the 179USD I paid

alady

Was looking for the same, thanks for the info in this thread

According to my reserch the only one that is global (still won't coover all asian networks) and has dual sim ACTIVE (not standby) is the ZenFone 3 (Global Version) 

dohadotahmed
Yes ZTE axon 7, Lenovo zuk z2, Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro, asus zenfone 3 all are Good dual SIM phone.
Please make sure you buy the North American or global version so it can support most bands of Canadian carrier.

tapiocapearl

I agree.  ZTE Axon 7 is a good dual SIM phone.  

fathom

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 international edition.

Bought 2 over the holidays, came in 7 days via DHL from Goldway on AliExpress (there are other stores too but so far 3 from Goldway and no issues).

Total was Can$250 each including shipping/tax/duties.

3G /32 G, enormous battery.

Only issue is if you break the glass (long story, dropped mine onto concrete from 6 feet up), it's next to impossible to replace in Canada. It's cheap enough, I just bought a new one 😛

See the glowing reviews galore online.

There's a reason why it's the #1 phone in India 2016 (among other markets).

https://goo.gl/G26fIi

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

there is no canadian version of zenfone 3 deluxe...

See this:

http://www.androidauthority.com/zenfone-3-deluxe-cancelled-canada-732093/

MEU_21

I just got a Zenfone 3 Deluxe [ZS550KL] (the US version, not the Canadian version). Anyone considering the Zenfone 3 as a dual sim phone should order the US version for the following reasons:

-Aluminum metal case instead of all glass

-More LTE bands covered (30+ vs 7, Canadian version also doesn't seem to include LTE 4 and 17!)

-Gorilla Glass 4 vs 2.5D

-MicroSDXC upto 2T vs 128GB

-maintains North America warranty

I'm loving my Zenfone 3 so far (2 weeks) and it appears to be a true global phone I'll be able to take anywhere.

ckl

I purchased a BLU Life One X2 for my wife. It supports dual sim standby plus has an extra slot for an SD card for a total of 3 slots. Some phones will only have 2 slots, one for your local SIM and another slot for an SD card OR another SIM card - not both. So check before you buy. It is a very inexpensive phone and has some decent mid range specs including a fingerprint sensor, 1080p display, and laser autofocus 16MP camera, 8MP front camera with flash, 64GB storage, 4GB RAM. Battery life is great. It goes for $260CDN on Amazon.

@domenicocortez yeah, I realize now the subject is dual sim... oops

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I just realized you were talking about dual SIM phones, and here I go suggesting two phones that are only singles... haha, oh well! Robot LOL

Zombie

Battery life on the DTEK50 leaves a lot to be desired, it is otherwise an OK phone.

@daredogg there was rampant speculation the DTEK60 could be Blackberry first dual SIM phone but instead they removed the second SIM slot and used it for removeable memory instead

Wonder_why

Nope 

domenicocortez

The subject is dual sim, so no iphone or blackberry...

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

As another suggestion.... the new Blackberry DTEKs

http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones/dtek50-60-by-blackberry/overview.html

Right now on Amazon, the 50 model... $299 unlocked

Hey @ShawnC13, don't worry, there's always at least one in the bunch! Robot Very Happy

Reading this thread reminds me of a time when people talked about desktop computers, and nobody would suggest buying a Macintosh. They were for those "weird" people who seemingly are okay spending more money on a better product... but why would you do that?!

Obviously times have changed, and in this thread in particular, we're talking about phones. My suggestion, an iPhone SE. This is the one I have my eye on, for a few reasons:

1) A lot cheaper than the newly released iPhone 7

2) It has the same hardware as a 6s, but the size of a 5 (don't need to buy new cases)

3) I like the smaller size... I don't want a big-ass phone! Robot LOL

Not that I'm recommending anyone leave PM... but Koodo has a deal on now $0 for the SE, and it adds $15 to your bill for two years. You end up getting the phone for $360. Can't go wrong with that. 

I wonder... if you got the phone through Koodo, paying your $15 per month, with no plan, then pop in your PM SIM and use your plan here? Can anyone confirm if this would work?

Update: you can't buy the phone online without adding a plan! But... I wonder if they'd let you at one of the kiosks. I'm going to check it out today, and I'll report back.

Zombie

My personal recommendation would be the Zenfone 3 which retails for around $430 CAD.  It supports dual-standby SIMs, has great specs (625 decent, it's not an 821 or anything but my phone never lags and games play fine), incredible battery life (I can do 2-3 days on a charge with light use checking email and stuff) and I haven't really tried to "optimize" yet (I leave Location On, for example).

I've owned quite a few phones including two older Zenfones (the ZF2 with intel ATOM SOC and ZF2 Laser with the snapdragon 615) both of which seemed a tad 'cheap' feeling.  The ZF3 is a solid build quality comparable to my work iPhone 6.

If my phone got lost/dropped tomorrow that's still the phone I'd go back and buy.

NOTE: Dual-SIM Dual Standby means that you can only use one of the SIMs at a time.  If you have Data on SIM1 and a call comes in on SIM2, your data dies until the call is complete, for example.  And you can't run two calls from different SIMs at once.  This is fine unless your use-case is to have a work SIM and personal SIM on the same phone.  If your use case is to use Public Mobile alongside something like FreedomPop or other global roaming SIM for going to the US/Europe/Asia then DSDS should be no problem.

paulie

I am on the fence with 950 XL.   they had awesome price just before Christmas ($399) .  Currntly have a 1520 and works well, but I have travel plans in next 4 months, so would be great to get a dual sim Windows Phone.   Maybe a Surface Phone ?    🙂 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I obviously beat to a different drum as I am a Windows Phone user but love my 950XL and my 640XL was a good entry level phone as well.  HP Elite X3 is a sweet phone/laptop if you get the whole package as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

domenicocortez

zenfone 2, zenfone 3, 

redmi note 3 pro international version

redmi 3s international version

MOTO Z and Lenovo ZUK edge are good dual SIM phones. Or wait until early 2017, HTC might launch their Dual SIM version flagship in the certain markets.

Need Help? Let's chat.