cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Basic Text Messages failing 50% of time.

So you raise a interesting question. Unlike most phone users. I use my phone for texts and calling. I don't do banking, nor music or much else. The only time I use the internet is when I need the gps or update the weather page. My security is set for automatic updates and it tells me I am up to date. I am "computer savvy" on a desktop but no very little when it comes to my phone internet. How does one go about updating android versions?

As for my original problem it still exists. I have manually cleared most old texts but even before that I had 10+GB of space. I have no apps installed, just whatever was on the Samsung phone pre-loaded... Thanks

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RiverCity have you tried any other troubleshooting from the earlier replies?

resetting your network settings?

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm

to update android go into settings>about phone>check system update

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RiverCity 

You could just have a bad connection to the network. Turn airplane mode on. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off. If you haven't rebooted your phone lately do that first then employ airplane mode. This will re-establish a better connection to the network and may solve your issue.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RiverCity Try force closing your text app and restart your phone.  Wait 30 seconds and restart it.  Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to you all for your helpful responses. My texts are now being sent and received fully at this present time. I tried all your potential solutions so I can't be sure which individual one did the trick. It's good to know as a new customer there is so many nice knowledgeable people here who are willing to help. I hope one day to learn enough to return the favour for someone else in need.

Cheers!

Stay Safe ... Stay Well