cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bands B4. B12. B17.

Zoliath7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thinking of switching to PM. The phone that I am thinking about purchasing has two versions.   (International XT1941-4 )  or  (Latam XT1941-3 ) Which would work best?  I'm assuming the international model. Would the Latam model work just fine? As it's a better choice in my situation; its brand new versus open box, less expensive and closer for shipping etc.  The Telus tower closest to where I'll use the phone the most has bands 2. 4. 5. & 17.   A bit confused with 3G and LTE bands, AWS a-f  vs  AWS 1 etc.  Any feedback appreciated.

1941.png

3 REPLIES 3

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Giving up B12 may result in poor LTE coverage in certain areas, but for the most part you'll be fine with both versions.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/134356#M5822...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zoliath7 

The international version should work when comparing with the frequency bands used by PM.

PM Network Frequencies.JPG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Zoliath7  Both phones will work. Public uses B2 and B5 for 3G. The better choice would be the International as it supports more LTE bands but both phones support the main LTE bands that Public uses.

Need Help? Let's chat.