Tallskie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey their I'm new to this but I need a puk code 

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T

Thanks for finding those. So I may have had a clue after all. 🙂

As always the OP has disappeared. We don't even know what kind of phone they have.

@batgurrl wrote:

All you have to do is call the carrier you have currently and ask for an unlock code.

All carriers must unlock your phone, they will ask if you are going to another service or if you are unhappy with the carrier, but they will supply an unlock code free for you within a minute or two.

As long as you can identify yourself to the carrier they will do this.

Just did it today and got an unlock code in less than 2 minutes.

@batgurrl, unlocking your phone from a network and a PUK code unlock are different things.  PUK code is when you sim gets locked usually fron entering in the wrong PIN to many times 

From Wiki:  

A personal unblocking code (PUC), also known as a personal unlocking key (PUK), is used in 3GPP mobile phones to reset a personal identification number (PIN) that has been lost or forgotten.

Most mobile phones offer the feature of PIN protection. After switching on the phone, if the PIN security function is active, the user is required to enter a 4-8 digit PIN to enable the phone's non-emergency calling functions. If the wrong PIN is entered more than three times, either the SIM card, the device, or both become locked. They can be returned to their original unlocked state by entering a PUC provided by the service provider, after verification. If the wrong PUC is entered eight times in a row, the device will become permanently blocked and unrecoverable, requiring a new SIM card. Mobile phone users are therefore advised by most providers to keep their PUC written down in a safe place separate from the device.

After the PUC code is entered, the PIN must be reset. The PUC are used to unlock the PIN codes if the SIM card is blocked

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jessica_T, just passing on information I have received from the Moderators when I was asking if there was anyway Oracles could assist with PUK code requests.  So just passing on information provided to me from teh PM support staff

@ShawnC13It appears customers of PM with a Samsung device may have a faster way to solve the issue. This is worth noting, no?

Of course it is I hadn't seen  a Samsung Master PUK code or I wouldn't have made the post I did.

@ShawnC13Happy to help 🙂

@Jessica_T wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jessica_T, just passing on information I have received from the Moderators when I was asking if there was anyway Oracles could assist with PUK code requests.  So just passing on information provided to me from teh PM support staff

@ShawnC13It appears customers of PM with a Samsung device may have a faster way to solve the issue. This is worth noting, no?

Of course it is I hadn't seen  a Samsung Master PUK code or I wouldn't have made the post I did.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

batgurrl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All you have to do is call the carrier you have currently and ask for an unlock code.

All carriers must unlock your phone, they will ask if you are going to another service or if you are unhappy with the carrier, but they will supply an unlock code free for you within a minute or two.

As long as you can identify yourself to the carrier they will do this.

Just did it today and got an unlock code in less than 2 minutes.

Jessica_T

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Jessica_T

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tallskie wrote:

If it's a Samsung phone then you might be able to get one directly from them rather than waiting for a moderator.

@Anonymous, the PUK code is to unlock the SIM and not the phone and each sim card has its own unique PUK code that must be obtained from PM

Yeah I should just shut up about these lock codes. 🙂 I'm not entirely familiar with all the variations and names.

I seem to think I've seen success on these before from Samsung but what do I know.

@AnonymousTalk louder?

@ShawnC13Are you sure about that? I only posted a couple examples below, but there are others that seems to have had their issue solved by samsung when needing a puk code. It seems samsung has a "Master Unlock PUK"

@rastafari wrote:

URGENT. Need PUK Code now, no response from moderators which is my only option

Edit: Issues solved by getting code from samsung, thanks for the help everyone, greatly appreciate it!

@nuhamahdi wrote:

I called samsung and got the Network Unlock Pin and the Master Unlock PUK from them.

Make sure you get your IMEI handy (you can find it by dialing *#06#)

https://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus/

@mrtravistoole wrote:

They gave me the puk code and that doesn't work

I contacted samsung who provided me with the master unlock code. Problem solved. 

@dumbdobie1 wrote:
RE: I require a PUK Code

Yes I agree with Dunkman contact Samsung directly they should be able to  help you out fast. Good luck bro 🙂

@Dunkman wrote:If your phone is a Samsung phone, you can either phone Samsung directly to get PUK code.  Or online contact.  

@RobertQc wrote:

@TaraBenoitWhile you wait for your PUK code which can take days, @cappaj provided some good info he learned on his S7 where sometimes when someone requests a puk code, it was actually not what they needed.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

@DonC wrote:

After a provider unlock code is given and does not woek. And sim lock pin is required. If asked for a PUK and using a samsung device contact samsung via their website and utilize their live chat. Supply the EMIE number and info then they will provide a master unlock and a pin #

@sargehawk93 wrote:
I need a PUK number

Already solved i called the company i was so upset and everything about it and they helped me 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tallskie wrote:

If it's a Samsung phone then you might be able to get one directly from them rather than waiting for a moderator.

@Anonymous, the PUK code is to unlock the SIM and not the phone and each sim card has its own unique PUK code that must be obtained from PM

Yeah I should just shut up about these lock codes. 🙂 I'm not entirely familiar with all the variations and names.

I seem to think I've seen success on these before from Samsung but what do I know.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tallskie wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tallskie wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tallskie wrote:

@Tallskie, first off welcome to Public Mobile.  You will need to contact the private message the moderators for a PUK code.  Unfortunately right now response time is between 24-48 hours.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

1. After you privately message the Moderator Team about a question that requires you to verify that you are the account owner, the support team will reply with a unique link to a secure online form.
    2. You will need to provide either your Public Mobile
      1. Self-Serve username and password, or
      2. Phone number and 5 digit verification code that you’ll receive to the number provided
    3. If you are unable to verify using the options above, the Moderator Team will share an alternative option they have available for you.
    4. After you’ve provided the information, please reply to the existing private message thread you have with the Moderator Team, and they will provide you with full support.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Tallskie You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team. Expect a dealy as they are behind with a lot of inquiries. 

Need Help? Let's chat.