cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Code: 437 (problems with the network switch programming)

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The "437" area code thing seems to be a bouncing ball. The problems change periodically and sometimes by locations.

#1. Right now, while in down town Toronto, I dial 10-digits (no "1" prefix) to a 437 PM number from a 437 PM number an intercept recording kicks in saying long distance charges may apply and completes the call. No sure but I think this recording is a "Bell" thing under the Belus tower sharing. At other in-Toronto locations is completes the call without the intercept recording.

#2. For quite a while now, any call to a PM 437 number takes 6 - 10 seconds to get to a ringing state. Conversely, a call from PM 437 to a ROGERS 437 number completes in under 2 seconds. I can repeat this over and over at all times of the day and night on multiple phones (apple and android) and PM SIMs under solid coverage. Even on a PM 437 from a PM 437 that has just hung up from each other the redial will still take --at a minimum-- twice as long as a call to any other [non-telus] carrier's 437.

There has to be a routing issue in the network/switch programming that #1 doesn't see the 437 as local. So called, "toll switching" occurs (albeit to a $0.00 affect). This round the toll switch/gateways tripping may be the reasons for the long call setup times. Dunno.

A switch tech really needs to engage this.

Calls that take too long to setup bounce into voice jail (due to unreachable, not unanswered status) resulting in lost calls.

Help, please!

4 REPLIES 4

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For clarity, is it all or some 437 numbers?

To your knowledge, are any of the problem numbers VoIP-based (SIP) numbers/carriers? I continue to see "mis-configuration" by VoIP carriers wrt/their handling of 437.

Otherwise, as the OP, my issues relating to this thread cleared a way back when.

Try using full eleven-digit dialing, i.e. include the "1" prefix. e.g. 1-437-555-1212.

Also, when you have "a problem" is there a long period of silence after you push send and before it rings or trap-messages out. Is there a trap message (e.g."we're sorry,...")? If so, what is it.

/S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @btekeste, first off, you have posted to a really old topic.  In the future, you should always start a new topic.

Regarding your problem...  Did you just sign up with Public Mobile, or has this been working fine, and then just stopped working?  If I understood your message correctly, you are calling from 437 TO 437?  Does the problem happen with ALL 437 numbers?

If this was working fine, and then just stopped working, you will need to contact the moderator team to get them to investigate.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

btekeste
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have problem calling 437 from my public mobile phone. How do I resolve this problem. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello s2scotty,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to learn that you are having a phone call issue.

In order to better assist you, please can you send us a private message?

I am looking forward to your response.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Need Help? Let's chat.