cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications crash after Amber alert

mehdi_aaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, this morning I realized that some applications (spotify and viber) crash immediately after being opened. When I reboot my phone, the applications restart to work normally but as soon as I get the phone signal, the amber alert shows again and the applications crash.

I have an Iphone 11 Pro (iOS 13.5.1). My mom got the same issue too and she have an Iphone 6.

4 REPLIES 4

3berry1pear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There was a problem with Facebook on iOS devices this morning that caused immediate crashing involving apps that have the option to connect to Facebook, even if you didn't have them connected. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/10/21319784/ios-apps-crashing-spotify-tiktok-pinterest-tinder-facebo... 

Edited to add link.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mehdi_aaa  Go settings >> cellular >> cellular day options: turn LTE OFF. This will force your phone to use 3G network which does not receive amber alerts. On the 3G network you will still be able to use data, calling & texting. 

mehdi_aaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately we cannot disable here in Canada the amber alert since the government wants us to all receive it. We don't have that features in notifications to disable it...

somehow, all the apps are working again... I don't get it.

Thanks!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mehdi_aaa  if you put your phone on 3g that should stop the amber alert. 4g LTE is required to get them. Switch it back later. Stay safe.

Turn Government Alerts on or off

By default, Government Alerts are turned on for your device.* When you receive a government alert, you hear a special sound that's similar to an alarm. If you want to turn these alerts on or off, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen.
  3. Under Government Alerts, turn the type of alert on or off.*

*Government Alerts are supported when using a SIM card from a supported carrier. Your Apple Watch can receive these alerts if your iPhone can receive them and is nearby, or your Apple Watch is on a Wi-Fi network. With a cellular plan from a supported carrier, your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + cellular) can receive these alerts without your iPhone nearby. For more information, contact your carrier. 

Need Help? Let's chat.