cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch?

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm planing on purchasing my first new apple watch when Apple release new watches this month. Can i active it through PM or my phone?

6 REPLIES 6

Smnewt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info, I’m buying an Apple Watch and was hoping not to have to change plans!

aphinity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As others have stated, unfortunately, you cannot use an eSim device with Public Mobile at this time.  That includes the Apple Watch.

However, I have an apple watch series 5 and I use the bluetooth connection to my phone without any issue.  The Apple Watch does a great job of switching from bluetooth connectivity to WiFi when it needs to as well.  I never feel disconnected!

However, I'd love to pay the extra per month to have cellular access from my watch too.  Maybe one day Public will let us.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

I'm planing on purchasing my first new apple watch when Apple release new watches this month. Can i active it through PM or my phone?

I believe most people use an Apple Watch paired to their iPhone via blue tooth. 

ps. I am not a pro on Apple Watches nor would I own one nor do I use any of my nice watches.....there is no way I will have glasses available to view it!! lol. 

I really can't see anyone at Public Mobile wanting to use this phone with a sim card. There are no current data-only plans, and even if it were possible, the watch would need it's own plan.

So, absolutely yes, an Apple Watch can be used at Public Mobile, but in combination with your cell phone connected through bluetooth.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Joelkim wrote:

I believe most people use an Apple Watch paired to their iPhone via blue tooth. 

ps. I am not a pro on Apple Watches nor would I own one nor do I use any of my nice watches.....there is no way I will have glasses available to view it!! lol. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joelkim wrote:

If it's eSIM then no.

Not sure what you mean by "or my phone".

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Joelkim hi, sorry it most likely won't work or you want have all the available features. public mobile doesn't support esim

Need Help? Let's chat.