cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone set up for Text Messaging Forwarding

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I have this option to set up Green Bubble texts to/from my iPhone SE (1st gen) to also allow use on my iPad, MacBook, and iMac. Today I received a text from 5129 and of course I first looked at my iMac vs finding my dinging phone. But no show on iMac, MacBook or iPad. Just double checked and all are on same router and cloud account. 

Question is.....does a text from 5129 not work for this process???

8 REPLIES 8

@Dunkman 

I kind of suspected....based on your previous wording. 

@LurganIeUk 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I have similar setup.  I found that only texts from apple devices (iMessages) will show up on my iPad and MacBook.  Texts from PM and other androids phones will only show up on my iPhone, not my other Mac devices.  

@Dunkman 

Is this what the set up on your phone looks like?

Actually, I just checked my iPhone.  My text forwarding was turned off for some reason.  Maybe that is why I have not been receiving android texts.  Sorry about the confusion.  I just turned it on.  

@Dunkman wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I have similar setup.  I found that only texts from apple devices (iMessages) will show up on my iPad and MacBook.  Texts from PM and other androids phones will only show up on my iPhone, not my other Mac devices.  

@Dunkman 

Is this what the set up on your phone looks like?

52922FE0-6B94-4E51-B724-FDEE6C1D52E7.jpeg

D6ADD459-FB48-4929-8765-C87FD703EC76.jpeg

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have Text Message Forwarding set up on my iPhone XR to my iPad and I can confirm that I can send/receive all "Green Bubble" texts (SMS) from/to my iPad.  Including the 5129 text from PM yesterday that @LurganIeUk refers to.

When I travel outside of Canada, I use Text Message Forwarding from an old iPhone 4s to both my XR and iPad which allows me to receive all Green texts, including bank short codes.

I just have to make sure Text Message Forwarding is enabled on the source phone and iMessage is enabled and using the same Apple ID on all devices.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LurganIeUk  I think iPad to android only possible when her phone is set to Allow Calls on other devices and Text Messaging Forwarding to a on. 
Phone & iPad must be on the same wifi network. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I tested later on to an android from my iPhone and it also showed on my iPad. My wife texts her brother  on his android from her iPad all the time.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LurganIeUk 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Doesn't imessage forward all the messages?  Maybe Apple can answer your question?

Need Help? Let's chat.