cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone getting the Lumia 950 or 950XL?

ShinraCorp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So a few weeks ago Microsoft announced the Lumia 950/950XL which looks like a nice phone. However the Canadian price tag of 750 and 850$ will surely throw some people off (originally 550 and 650 USD) I'm planning to get either one of them since I only have a Lumia 635 right now. I always felt like I'm the only person who owns a windows phone inside of my region (Ottawa-Gatineau) yet when I popped it out they always ask is Windows Phone even good? To that I say yes... yes it is. It would be nice to know if anyone else is getting either of them 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

djtouchette
Used to*

djtouchette
I'm rocking a nexus 5x right now but I uses have a windows phone. I really liked the UI, that metro style is awsome for a smartphone. What drove me away was the lack of apps, or integrarion. This was 2 years ago and I'm sure the ecosystem has matured a lot by now, plus those are some good looking phones that just feel good in your hand haha

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@platinum555 wrote:
When is it going to be released in Canada?

@platinum555, likely sometime in November-December.

I find Continuum the biggest selling feature that makes Windows 10 Mobile standout. However, as I'm pretty heavily invested in the Google ecosystem, it's literally the only thing holding me back. I would love to use Hangouts, Google Play Music, YouTube and my Android Wear on Windows 10 Mobile but Google is being a sore winner by not supporting other platforms.

I like the build and finish of the Lumia 950(XL), though for the price, I kind of wish it came with a metal finish, I really like the Lumia 930 instead.

platinum555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
When is it going to be released in Canada?

bilal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I've truly enjoyed my windows phone from blu. It recently got the updated OS as well. It's just the availability of apps.

But ui is one of the best for mobile platforms. If Microsoft keeps this up, they can tip over the crucial critical mass curve.
Need Help? Let's chat.