cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions for a extremely large cheap phone - Phablet screen

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Any suggestions for a extremely large phone - Phablet. (cheap)

My Phone phone is extremely old and doesnt have much space, and cant download much apps.

I'm looking for a phone with a huge screen...for cheap. It doesnt have to be the fastest, but needs to have decent storage ones. I alawys wanted a note phone but could never afford them. I hear there are lots of cheap chine brands now

I was going to buy a tablet to use just for commuting and to read, calendar etc, but desiced it best to just get a huge phone, as I like to read , and need acess to a calendar app for schedule / reminders etc.

What a good buy. I'm looking for possible something above or clode to 6 inch screen

10 REPLIES 10

@coleeeeee17 wrote:

It might be a bit small for you, but for me it hardly fits my hand. I had an Asus Zenfone 4 Max Plus 5.5" Zc554kl.(2017) It has a 5,000Mah battery. Asus I feel is a good brand for large phones with a big battery. 

As the recommendations were ask for more than 6 months ago, I'm certain that a device has been chosen by now. By today's standards, that device would hardly be consdired a phablet, but rather as a a phone with a mainstream-sized secreen.

coleeeeee17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It might be a bit small for you, but for me it hardly fits my hand. I had an Asus Zenfone 4 Max Plus 5.5" Zc554kl.(2017) It has a 5,000Mah battery. Asus I feel is a good brand for large phones with a big battery. 

@Luddite wrote:

@Bubba You could also consider a cellular tablet running voip (fongo.com for example) for calls, a texting app for SMS. My daughter does this with an iPad.

Accidentally for my birthday I got an lg gpad for free with 2 year subscription to fido data only plan, i get 3gigs for $15. I heard freedom is offering samsung tablet and 4gigs for the same price

Wouldn't be that bad if connection was any good where i am, but it sucks.

And considering that i don't use that much...

But once that contract is up i'm definitely sticking pm sim in it

I have textNow on it manages to install android auto so now it's a great spare device for anybody inn the house, even i use it sometimes

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check out amazon.ca and do a search for "unlocked cell phone." You will find many options. For example a samsung galazy 6.2 inch is under $200, although they have other cheaper brands for $110 and up for 6.1 inch screen.  Be sure to check the reviews.  You can also check out factorydirect.ca website for clearance prices on phones!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Bubba You could also consider a cellular tablet running voip (fongo.com for example) for calls, a texting app for SMS. My daughter does this with an iPad.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Going off script a bit from the usual choices: you might want to check out the BlackBerry Passport. It's an older phone but it's a powerhorse and it's perfect for lots of browsing, reading, document work, calendar stuff, etc. You didn't mention anything about video/media consumption, so I thought I'd throw that option into the ring. Depends on what apps you might rely on too as some are missing for BB, but the price is right for a used one and it might be something to consider.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I suggest a redmi note 7.  These are avaliable through Amazon and Aliexpress.  Xiaomi uses snapdragon CPUs which are a lot better than MediaTek. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Smartphone-Snapdragon-4000mAh-Cellphone-Version/dp/B07TYYJD8W/ref=sr_1_3?keywo...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bubba wrote:

Any suggestions for a extremely large phone - Phablet. (cheap)

My Phone phone is extremely old and doesnt have much space, and cant download much apps.

I'm looking for a phone with a huge screen...for cheap. It doesnt have to be the fastest, but needs to have decent storage ones. I alawys wanted a note phone but could never afford them. I hear there are lots of cheap chine brands now

I was going to buy a tablet to use just for commuting and to read, calendar etc, but desiced it best to just get a huge phone, as I like to read , and need acess to a calendar app for schedule / reminders etc.

What a good buy. I'm looking for possible something above or clode to 6 inch screen

@Bubba  A good choice from China is the Umidigi A5 Pro for ~$120.00 Canadian.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check out Motorola Moto G6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy A50.  Both are in the $300 dollar range with screen around 6 inches.

Need Help? Let's chat.