cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any relation?

lake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My apartment building of only 80 units recently changed over to a lobby intercom system whereby when  visitors  buzz you to get in it goes through your cell rather than a landline. This building is ions behind is all I can say. Anyhow since I am now being notified through my cellphone my regular calls are dropping and I'm constantly 'breaking up' to people on the other end. Veryyyy annoying. This has started happening since the switchover and it never happened before it. My question is could this be in relation to now having the intercom programmed to my cell or is it just a coincidence? 

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

There might still be other things in your home which interfere with your cellular signal.

RFI/EMI from badly-shielded electrical systems, transformers, inverters, neon signs, flourescent lights, microwave ovens, electromechanical cash registers, pinball machines, commercial or amateur radio transmitters, industrial machinery, all sorts of stuff.

Everything is supposedly isolated to prevent interference (by technology, by hardware, by design, and by FCC regulations) but the reality is that we live in a noisy world filled with lots of substandard or "aeons old" stuff.

And your building might just have sucky cell reception for other reasons. Concrete and metal. Bad terrain. Low signal bars, fringe service area, not enough towers, etc. 

@lake wrote:

Thanks I will. Never thought of that.

Solutions are meant to recognize others. They may also play a role in determining Community rewards. As such, please avoid assigning them to yourself.

There being a correlation with dropped calls and the intercom is highly unlikely. Even if the buzz-in procedure is causing higher than normal cell network usage, your front door system can only be making one phone call at a time, so its not a network capacity issue.

lake

Thanks I will. Never thought of that.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lake  If you have access to another phone to test your sim card with that will help you determine if you are having a hardware issue with your current device.

lake

Thankyou.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@lakeIt is probably coincidence. As one is not related to another.

Need Help? Let's chat.