cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any One Plus One users planning to connect with Public Mobile?

anupsohal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im just wondering if there is any one out there with another One Plus One, maybe even someone who is already using the service. Im just curious how it works with the One Plus. 

7 REPLIES 7

typo989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just as an FYI, I activated a new Public Mobile SIM on my OnePlus One. After setting up the APN and rebooting, it totally worked.

APN settings: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-on-my-smartphone/...

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You will be ok with the One Plus on Public as there are people using it on Koodo/Telus and it's not like you can't edit the APN settings to make it work.

As for the phone itself I had a few issues with mine that took the shine off of it quickly but I won't bash it. I managed to get it when the dollar was still good compared to now so not sure if it is such a good deal considering but they have been trying to secure USPS shipping again so some people have been lucky in getting without additional taxes/fees.

Good luck on your decision.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Logic dictates that the second iteration of the phone should be better than the first. That being said, you and I know that logic does not always rule the day!

Considering what the phone costs to buy and then import into Canada, the 2015 version should be without fault (in an ideal world).

It IS a top-tier phone, minor warts and all, but, frankly, I prefer my 2 synched Moto G phones!

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There's a few sources online saying they'll have a follow up phone released in Q2/Q3, hopefully they'll have worked out all the screen issues by then.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Two of the problems reported with the phone is yellow banding on many, and one or two pixels that don't disappear on some.

For repairs, expect to wait about 6 weeks.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They've also started doing open sales on Tuesdays (24 hours) where you don't need an invite to buy, but they'll probably only keep that up for so long.

https://oneplus.net/how-to-buy

Martin
Legend
Legend
amupsohal,

There is a thread of 6,908 replies on Red Flag Deals. Many of the replies pertain to invites only. Those that discuss the actual phone have never reported problems operating on the networks of the Big Three.
Need Help? Let's chat.