cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Annoying, persistent Android notification: "Sign into network"

Hello @ionut_baban,

So, under APN type, you need to edit it and remove everything except MMS. This will disable all days except for MMS. I don't have my wife's phone in front of me, but will double check tonight when I get home. After removing the other APN types, be sure to save the new protocol and reboot the phone, hopefully that will help.

@imm1304,

EDIT: sorry, after looking more closely, your suggestion should work as long as the mms protocol remains.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @youbme after removing every protocol but mms in APN type, it seems that I don't get  that notification.

Hi @imm1304 I tryed setting MVNO to None, but still got the notification. I did not put APN type to Not set, because I would like to send and recive MMS, and also you can't delete the APN because the field can't be empty.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Mayor / Maire

Hey @ionut_baban, glad to hear that you found a working solution.  Hopefully, thats the end of the annoying notifications for good.  

Great news! If I recall correctly, the only time that the APN was reset was after upgrading from KitKat to Lollipop - so hopefully you'll be good for awhile.

Then?

Mayor / Maire

@wynexie wrote:

Then?

@wynexie okay you're replying to a THREE YEAR dormant thread with a single word question.  Do you need help?  If so, could you please elaborate beyond "then?".  Ideally, start your own thread for better visibility, also.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

What if your phone does have so much data per month... and you're still getting the same notification? you wouldn't want to turn off your cellular data, cuz you definitely wouldn't be able to get online then!

Mayor / Maire

@AshKaye88 you might want to start your own thread for better visibility so that hopefully someone can suggest an answer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

My phone is fixed

Tags (1)