cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying, persistent Android notification: "Sign into network"

smallflightless
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've got a Moto G (first gen), Android 5.0.2, and a Public Mobile plan without data. Ever since upgrading to Android Lollipop, I routinely get a notification saying "Sign into network", particularly when I turn off or disconnect from wifi. If I dismiss the notification, it will just show up again later.

Obviously this doesn't have a significant effect on my phone use, but it is annoying. I've tried a couple of things, including changing the APN (Access Point Names) to the settings recommended by Public. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks in advance.

46 REPLIES 46

@ROBOTMAN88 

If you just recently tried to do a port request from Fido to PM when you activated your sim card and plan, maybe it didn't get done right or fully.

Edit

So your phone is still trying to logon to their network, since you probably bought your phone through Fido when you were with them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ROBOTMAN88 : Fido? Where? When? How? Startup? When you want to open a web page? Do you have data left? Are you out of data?

ROBOTMAN88

I keep getting the message on my phone sign into fido Network and I would like that message to go away it's annoying me. 

@welshman41 wrote:

Click on use this network as is

In the case of open Wi-Fi network buy that requires some type of authentication before use, choosing to use the Wi-Fi netwotk as is isn't going to allow for a working internet connection.  Phones can be set to not automatically connect to open Wi-Fi networks.

Cell phones also show this same sign into network message at Public Mobile.when a customer tries to use dat but has ran out of data to use.

welshman41

Click on use this network as is

triplecheck

This is probably an android setting, not caused by data. Try turning off "open network notifications" in Android settings.

1. Go to your device’s Settings menu
  2. Locate and select Network & Internet
  3. Tap into Wi-Fi
  4. Scroll down and enter into Wi-Fi preferences
  5. Toggle off Open network notification

https://9to5google.com/2017/09/01/how-to-disable-open-wi-fi-network-notification-android-basics/ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ROBOTMAN88 wrote:

I keep getting on my phone the annoying message sign in to network.

@ROBOTMAN88 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

ROBOTMAN88

I keep getting on my phone the annoying message sign in to network.

@Aq1345 wrote:

Sir I am using nokia1 and it continues pup up sign in network and two third party sites not working

This error message usually means that you're run out of mobile data. If you log into your account, do you have an data remaining in your plan?

Aq1345

Sir I am using nokia1 and it continues pup up sign in network and two third party sites not working

Beth-maithya

Stop

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beth-maithya wrote:

Yes sign in

@Beth-maithya 

Were you adding a suggestion to the thread or were you having your own difficulties?

If the latter then did you read the posts in the thread and try/look for some of the ideas?

Beth-maithya

Yes sign in

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gopinath wrote:

Not working in network 

Are you new to Public Mobile?

Is your account active?

Do you have data or have you used it all?

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Gopinath

Not working in network 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pradeepyadav wrote:

Sign in network

Perhaps you're out of data. Check for mentions of data in your overview page under data & add-ons. If you don't see any mention of data then you've used it all.

Pradeepyadav

Sign in network

Harish

@Cyber wrote:

@smallflightless,

Good thing to do if you do not have DATA per month.

Motorola may have introduced some bug in Lollipops.

Harish

Hai

@KG2 wrote:

Turn off this notification

That can't be turned off.  Only way to prevent that if on plan with no data is to turn off mobile data setting.

KG2

Turn off this notification

Btw this post was originally started in 2015!

If your phone won't let you adjust them, try adding a new one matching the info below exactly.

Usually you click on a + sign to add a new one.

Try adjusting your apm settings to this:

If Android, click:
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

Ronald3

@smallflightless wrote:

I've got a Moto G (first gen), Android 5.0.2, and a Public Mobile plan without data. Ever since upgrading to Android Lollipop, I routinely get a notification saying "Sign into network", particularly when I turn off or disconnect from wifi. If I dismiss the notification, it will just show up again later.

Obviously this doesn't have a significant effect on my phone use, but it is annoying. I've tried a couple of things, including changing the APN (Access Point Names) to the settings recommended by Public. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks in advance.

Ronald3

Hello thanks

@smallflightless wrote:

Abdulwathieq

Sing in to network xox

Kulasita

My phone is fixed

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AshKaye88 you might want to start your own thread for better visibility so that hopefully someone can suggest an answer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AshKaye88

What if your phone does have so much data per month... and you're still getting the same notification? you wouldn't want to turn off your cellular data, cuz you definitely wouldn't be able to get online then!

Need Help? Let's chat.