Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android users beware

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Malware alert: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56859091

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
8 REPLIES 8

@will13am wrote:

Be sure to disable app installation from unknown sources in the security settings.  

That's good advice since an app installed from an apk could have came from anywhere.  I would say that only installed from Play Store isn't a guarnatee of security either, as there have been apps that got removed from the Store because of tasks that some apps were disocvered to preform.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Be sure to disable app installation from unknown sources in the security settings.  

@WoozyPolarBear  that is true.. i was thinking that things like this can happen on iOS, too  LoL

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Meh, these articles really unfairly paint Android with a bad brush. It's not Android, it's the user who screws up. These sort of scams are usually targeting the type of people who end up using Apple iOS anyway, as Apple users tend to be the less tech. savvy group. I mean let's be honest, iPhones tend to be the phone your grandparents, soccer moms, etc use because they don't really need to know anything about setting the device up.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the info..   👍

the Spammers and hackers really everywhere these days

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Right. Learn not to click on 'offers' or 'amazing apps' or similar.

NOBODY on this planet loves you so much (family, maybe??) to give you free stuff or free money.

Again, it is up to USER to be diligent. All this crap will NOT install by themselves! User has to click on link or button or whatnot.

Just train your brain NOT to command your hand or finger to click/touch certain stuff...

Same as you would not 'touch' very hot object. Simple 😉

sthwang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your information!

Need Help? Let's chat.