cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Phone Messages app does not send photos

eperov
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Android Phone Messages app does not send photos, showing a message "Sending ...".

11 REPLIES 11

Renee2215
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screenshot_20190807-131854.png

This is my settings on top of pic vs the ones I was told to do on bottom. Im too scard to change it. Since it worked while I still had roaming data but now it stopped when my us roaming data used up. Should I change it? Officially it doesnt use data but it seems like it did. 

eperov

Recreated APN, everythibg is ok now.

@sunflowershine wrote:

@eperov You have to have your phone's wifi or data on in order to send MMS. 

MMS doesn't send over Wi-Fi. Only cellular data is used.  Give it a try.  Disable your mobile data while staying connected to Wi-Fi, and then try to send an MMS message.  It doesn't work.

eperov

"mms" is listed in the APN type

eperov

Everything is on, MMS are sending, but pictures are not.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@eperov wrote:

Hi,

Android Phone Messages app does not send photos, showing a message "Sending ...".

@eperov  Make sure that mms id part of your APN Type. If it's not they just add it to the end of the string 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eperov You have to have your phone's wifi or data on in order to send MMS. 

@eperovIf the Messages app is still running.. for a Force Stop.. then Clear Cache.. Finally restart your phone.. That *should* clear everything that is in the queue.. hopefully it will work again. Now try sending another message to see if it works.

eperov

Mobile Data is activated.

The APN is already configured except yhese two:

MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Mobile Data works, I can browse internet via Mobile.

Photos are not sending even when WiFi is on.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@eperov wrote:

Hi,

The most likely cause is the APN. You need to configure (Or re-configure even if you have already configured before) your APN settings to be able to send pictures (MMS) and navigate on internet (DATA). Your "Mobile Data" needs to be activated.

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Name: Public Mobile / Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@eperovHave your data settings turned on and working correctly? eg can browse a website like publicmobile.ca?

Need Help? Let's chat.