cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Re: Android 8.1 APN settings

My LG q7 is running 8.1.0, and the APN does have an option to add the APN in the 3 dot menu and is currently showing a Mobile Internet and Tethered Mobile Internet APN listings (both locked)  I only had the Mobile Internet APN originally.

ztra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you upgrade to 8.1? Because you may of had the settings from 8.0 and they were carried forward. Can you edit the APN now? Are the values greyed out?

orbsidia

This worked perfectly!  I found my old disabled Freedom Mobile LARGE sim card lol and cut it up with some scissors to fit.

It worked exactly like you said.  I restarted it with no SIMs, put in Freedom Mobile first which let me add APN settings, then I inserted my Public Mobile which auto detected the APN Settings I created for Public Mobile.

gachi

@orbsidia

I didn't know Rogers locked their APN settings too... that's too bad.  Didn't even know it was a thing until I got my Atom phone.

It's great that the Freedom sim worked for you too though!  lol

ztra

So, if I ordered a Freedom Mobile SIM card that should work for the data on my new Atom phone?  Since, Freedom Mobile doesn't offer service in the Maritimes I wonder if they will still send it. 

Or would someone mail me a Freedom Mobile SIM and I can send it back to you? Just a thought.

ztra

I did get a few replies from UniHertz (the company that makes the Atom) and I sent them a few screen shots and they said that they are looking into this sitaution.  If I hear anything back I will post it here.

ztra

I probably have a PC Mobile and Koodo SIM card at home. I will see if they will work.

ztra

SOLVED: Unihertz has fixed the problem with the Atom not being abled to Add/Edit the APN settings.  I have already applied the patch, made an adjustment, and rebooted the phone and now I can edit the APN settings on my Android 8.1 Atom phone.

Unihertz will be creating a OTA update in the next week or two so that everyone will be able to update their APN on their Atoms. 

This fix only applies to the Unihertz Atom phone. 

Big_Rudy

I've had my Zenfone 4 ALL OVER THE WORLD and none of these shenanigans were necessary-  pop the prepaid SIM in, and off you go:  data, text, calling, whatever.  

I've been with PM for 2 months and still can't get friggin SMS to work, and now my data has quit and there's nothing i can do with the APN settings.  Friggin joke. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Big_Rudy wrote:

I've had my Zenfone 4 ALL OVER THE WORLD and none of these shenanigans were necessary-  pop the prepaid SIM in, and off you go:  data, text, calling, whatever.  

I've been with PM for 2 months and still can't get friggin SMS to work, and now my data has quit and there's nothing i can do with the APN settings.  Friggin joke. 

I replied with something that *might* help in the other thread you've been posting in.

Although, if you've been at it for this long it might be old news for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.