cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Amazing Quality Phone For a someone on a Budget

@tehowennathe, I'm linking here the info page from the manufacturer.  It displays the network bands WAY DOWN the page.  I do believe it's compatible, as it lists it runs on AT&T and T-Mobile

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ooakosiryan been using it 2 months and for it's price it comes with way more accessories then my previous Galaxy did. It gets a better signal then co-workers iPhone 7 and she's also on PM. Doesn't have a screen like other flagship phones buy it does have a decent camera. It's backlight mode captures bright pictures better then my old Galaxy J5. I prefer the camera features on the vivo XI+ over galaxy j5. If your mom doesn't want a big screen they also have the vivo XI with a smaller screen and cheaper price. I believe that one is on amazon but the American website 

@domptg if you consider that it has face ID and fingerprint scanner plus many accessories that companies such as apple and Samsung won't even include some but not all in tech industry call it budget friendly 

Oracle

@tehowennathe, thanks for sharing the suggestion.  I tend to also think that $300+ is bit expensive for a budget phone.  Xiaomi phones go for mid $200s and come with snapdragon CPUs which are generally better than mediatek on performance and power usage. 

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Xiaomi phones go for mid $200s and come with snapdragon CPUs which are generally better than mediatek on performance and power usage. 

...and a nice bonus: ads in your UI!  https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-miui-ads-906902/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

@tehowennathe, thanks for sharing the suggestion.  I tend to also think that $300+ is bit expensive for a budget phone.  Xiaomi phones go for mid $200s and come with snapdragon CPUs which are generally better than mediatek on performance and power usage. 

I ended getting a Xiaomi Mi A2 for 280 off amazon.ca, it ended up being cheaper than getting it from aliexpress and had prime shipping so that was nice.  It's been very good on PM, wish it had expandable memory but haven't gotten close to using up the 64 so far.

Had a le eco lemax 2, and the screen was bonkers good and the cpu was supposed to be but i had nothing but lag and stutters (could have been their custom coding).  Going to Xiaomi have encountered none of that, hooray lower level cpu haha.

Oracle

@Salmonlips wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I ended getting a Xiaomi Mi A2 for 280 off amazon.ca, it ended up being cheaper than getting it from aliexpress and had prime shipping so that was nice.  It's been very good on PM, wish it had expandable memory but haven't gotten close to using up the 64 so far.

Had a le eco lemax 2, and the screen was bonkers good and the cpu was supposed to be but i had nothing but lag and stutters (could have been their custom coding).  Going to Xiaomi have encountered none of that, hooray lower level cpu haha.

You are another LeEco Max 2 user as well.  I got one for the wife a couple of years ago.  It was a great buy, too bad the company went bankrupt.  The max 2 was a great performer, super rugged.  She managed to bend the aluminum frame a bit and the screen still worked.  There was a slight bit of separation between the digitizer and the screen, but it was only cosmetic.  The SD 820 chip is not the most energy efficient variant.  The phone tends to be a good hand warmer in the winter.  The stock rom had lots of functionality but it was a bit clunky.  I had the unit rooted and running lineage (14 and then 15) which is totally stable.  If your max 2 is still working, I would highly recommend rooting it and installing lineage OS. 

BTW, did you get the android one edition of the Mi A2?  MiUi has a lot of compromises. 

@Salmonlips wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Was it on sale? I can't seem to find any of these on Amazon.ca for much less than $300 plus taxes. 

The smaller Blu Vivo XI sold only on best Buy US website is $150US comes up to $199.50CAD. a much lower price if you don't want the larger screen

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A lot of midrange phones are becoming very decent, if you don't mind the lack of brand recognition, there are plent of phones such as the BLU or Xiaomi lineup of phones

Need Help? Let's chat.