cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Idol 3 Phone

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

HI. I need to know, How Good, Reliable is the Alcatel Idol 3 Phone.

If Handset is An excellent Candidate, I shall Upgrade from Moto G (1st Gen) in Sept.

Compared to Moto G (3rd Gen) LTE, Is Alcatel a Better Choice? Specs are In Alcatel's Favor, BUT, Heard of Overheating Issues.

28 REPLIES 28

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

You're welcome!

Prepare yourself to not be given any Extended Warranty or Terms of Service to take home.

The rep's job is to sell, not provide information that may discourage you from buying. If all goes well after the sale, that's great. If anything occurs post-sale that is problematic, guess what Telus will reference? The paperwork that you had insufficient time, or no time, to read.

That is Fair. Also, Having a Receipt sent to Email Address can also serve as a Back-Up

Yes, I will take that Suggestion. If Telus Rep at Store fails to provide me with the Relevant information, or any Receipt or any other Funny business, I will Walk, W/O buying phone, as I wouldn't want any of the liabilities

If Telus Rep is Forthcoming, and Willing to provide all relevant info, plus receipt, Then its a Deal, Thanks @Martin

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

You're not necessarily making a bad investment.

Do this: Explain to the Telus rep that the phone is expensive, and you need a copy of the extended warranty to fully understand what's involved. Tell him that you want to take it home to read it. If he says that he can explain it and that there's no need for you to have a copy, tell him that you need a copy or you'll walk. If he then says it's against company policy, even though he would like to give you a copy, walk. If he says that each copy has a serial number and can't be given out for that reason, advise him to make a photocopy of each page with a serial number, obsure the number on the copies with a black magic marker, recopy those pages with obscured numbers, and then give you the extended warranty. If he refuses, walk.

That's True.

I guess I shall Conduct a more thorough Research, Wouldn't want my Hard earned $$$$$$ Poured on a Potentially bad Investment

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

Word of caution: Don't assume that the reps know the fine details regarding exclusions. Why should they? Their job is to sell phones, not to know or disclose exclusionary terms and conditions that would discourage a potential customer from buying.

Caveat emptor!

The Extended Warranty is from Telus

I asked a Telus Rep, and it pretty much covers what I would expect

Now it doesn't cover Lost/Stolen, Unless I buy the All-In-ONE Warranty, but I only need the Water and Physical Damage To protect myself

Handset is quite a bit, NOT EXACTLY CHEAP TO replace all the time.

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

Read the exclusions in the extended warranty, and you will be in a much better position to know if it's worthwhile or not.

I have Begun my First step in Buying This Phone, Firstly By Purchasing This Carrying Case for Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3:

32nd® Shock proof dual defender case cover for Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 mobile phone (5.5 inch version) + touch stylus - GreenSold by: 32ndShop USACDN$ 9.99Condition: New

This is From Amazon, as Regular Cases sold at Tel or Koo are NOT Exactly Shock-proof to high degree, BUT This one States it, and comes with Stylus

Plus, intend to Buy Screen Protector, as well as the Extended Warranty, to ensure Phone is Protected from Water-damage, Collateral Damage, As Handset is NOT Exactly Cheap, But Not TOO expensive, Wish to protect this

Plus, Hearing Reviews on This Handset, I feel I found a Winner

hunnybunny
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28 what i can tell from this page http://idol3.alcatelonetouch.com/ no it is not ......sorry

Just a Quick question: Is Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 Water-resistant, Not Water-proof per se, but at least Water-resistant, like Moto G (1-3rd Gen)?

Maybe you should become the New Chief @hunnybunny Officer

The New "M" of MTelus6

Also, Alcatel One touch Idol 3 Even Puts the Moto G (3rd Gen) To an Early Shame

Specs On Moto G+3 is Pathetic, Perhaps Better than Moto G+1, and +2, But against Alcatel One touch Idol 3, Lacks the Muscle to Pull

Plus, Core is Octo, meaning 8, Moto G+3 is still Quad, 4

Plus Cams on Back are Roughly Same, BUT Front, Alcatel has Better Specs, 8 or 5 at least, So that does Speak a lot

Plus, Snap Drag Alcatel is 600 something, Better Upgrade, Resolution Also Better, 1080p,

Moto G+3 still 720p

hunnybunny

oh @makkahn28

i dont like telling ppl my deals cause they will take on me lol. when i purchased my iphone 5s 16g here at telus they charged me 650 plus tax. I saved money doing it that way than even going to an apple store or online. same if i go to koodo kiosk. I save when i go direct lol 😉

i dont explain anything i just ask if i can buy a phone outright and its usually the owner there and he will laugh and i will flash him money and he will say which phone are u interested in today lol. they have tried to recruit me to work there but i refuse everytime as i know more about their phones than they do lol. 

IT Depends on How you explain the situation, and MUCH more.

Its NOT even Guaranteed, BUT, Better than Ordering Online Direct, Faster

BUT, In the Absence of Moto X Play, Alcatel One touch Idol 3 is A TRUE Rival to Moto X (2nd Gen) and Cheaper than Moto X+2, $360 vs $450

Do the Math

Moto X Play They Claim, $400

But Specs SURPASS Moto X+2, So in the Absence, Alcatel One touch Idol 3 is the bettah McRabbit Deal

And that's why its Great, to Tell these @hunnybunny Deals, Cause When its gone

That's All Doc

hunnybunny

lol @makkahn28

i too was looking at the x play and think it would be pretty cool (for me not the kids)

here i thought i was the only special on that could buy from the telus store here but i guess you and i are special 🙂 . they let me buy my phones all the time without an account but money talks lol

But, Moto X Play is NOT Available for Telus Yet, Not Sure IF/When Telus Will get

BUT, A Local Telus Store, Physical Store Rep Will Let me Buy From Store Directly, Though under Normal Circumstances Telus Usually Never Does

Must be Luck

And, Handset Will be: Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3, Which Grants Me the Best of Both Worlds

Can't Complain, gonna get my LTE, micro-SD Expansion Mem, and More

Goodbye, Son's of Moto

Correction: Order of Great to Evil is:

Moto X Play

Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3

Moto X (2nd Gen)

Moto G (3rd Gen)

Hi. I think I have My List of Phones to Pick, in the Order from Great to Evil:

Moto X (2nd Gen)

Moto X Play

Alcatel One touch Idol 3

Moto G (3rd Gen)

Now, for One + 2, Not Too sure Yet.

This is JUST mini-Martini ShortList of Certain Handsets that will ultimately be the Choices 

Hi. @Griff, if Moto X Play has Similar Size screen, Cams for Both sides roughly, Processor If NOT Octo, But Quad, BUT Processor still above the 1.2 GHZ or 1.5 for Alcatel, Then Perhaps I found a Winner

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
I think the specs of the Moto X Play will be higher than the idol 3 based on what I've read about the 2 phones. From what I've read online it will cost around $400 outright;

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/07/28/moto-x-play-announcement/

@Griff, when it comes to Alcatel One touch Idol 3,  which Model phones you know off by Fingers, That are closely related, just for Curiosity Tickles the Cabbit. Alcatel One touch Idol 3 is $360 at Tel Us, No Term

Moto X (2nd Gen) is $450 No Term

Moto G (3rd Gen) is $280 No Term

Its Imperative, so Decision ppl make will be best Educated One

For Me, @hunnybunny and Bugs Rabbits out there, Somewhere, looking for the Great New Toy

@Griff, How good is Moto X Play v.s. Alcatel One touch Idol 3? Same, Good, Bad, Evil?

The Specs are just as important as the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Behind it, Griffin

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@makkahn28

You might also be interested in the Moto X Play. Really good specs and the phone is supposed to have a mid-tier price;

http://www.motorola.ca/moto-x/moto-x-play-ca-en.html

PLUS, Though I personally Want a Moto X (2nd Gen) or Nexus 6, Or Moto G (3rd Gen) Alcatel One touch Idol 3 is Nice in Between, Better than Moto G In any Gen so far, and Not Too Far from the Others

Hence, Better Than Moto G Any Gen at least, and LTE too

Yep, Though Moto G (3rd Gen) is Nice, Alcatel is NicER

But, Shuuu, We Won't Alcatel, We Promise 

hunnybunny

wow thanks @Jeremy_M there seems to be a bit of difference. I was going with the moto as the durability for the kids would be great. I personally use a iphone 5s. now i am thinking the other way lol 🙂

lol i also use the same speed test as the guy in the video good to see i am not the only one 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@hunnybunny @makkahn28

Did you see this review?

hunnybunny

noooooooo get the moto g 3rd gen lol. it durable and by the looks of it pretty awesome :). I think i might grab one for the kids as they are using the moto g 1st gen and i got to tell ya that not a mark on it for a 9 year old and 7 year old 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.