cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Go Flip browser data not working

SGJM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've recently signed up for PM's $25/mo prepaid plan with 500mb of data.

the phone i'm using is an Alcatel Go Flip 4044V.

when I try to go to a website (any website) is says:
"Server not found. Can't find the server at ... [insert web address]"

the weird thing is, when i use the email app on the phone, it is able to connect to the internet and update with new emails. so just seems to be the "browser" function/app that doesn't connect to the internet. 

more info:

• it shows LTE with multiple bars at the top
  • if I put my SIM in an iPhone it works perfectly
  • my old Fido SIM worked with this phone
  • checked APN details and all seems correct
  • i've turned off the phone, removed battery and SIM, left off for over 5 minutes, and tried restarting with no luck.
  • texting and calling works

JUST NO DATA!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  • Your problem may be resolved through a software update. Check if a new version of your software is available.
Check for/install software update

• Software updates for your Alcatel Go Flip 3 may be available periodically. It’s recommended to install these, so your device will continue to operate smoothly. This will also ensure you always have the latest features at your disposal.
  • Note: Most software updates cannot be reversed. It is often not possible to reinstall the older software on your Alcatel Go Flip 3.

• Ensure that the Alcatel Go Flip 3 is sufficiently charged or connect the device to a power source before you start updating. In some cases, the update can take as long as 30 minutes.
  • Follow the steps described here to check for available software updates.

• Go to the Home screen.
  • Press the OK key.
  • Scroll down.
  • Select the settings symbol and press the SELECT key.
  • Scroll to the right to view the Device tab.
  • Select Device Information and press the SELECT key.
  • Scroll down.
  • Select Software Update and press the SELECT key.

• Select Check for Updates and press the SELECT key.

The Alcatel Go Flip 3 is now searching for available updates.

CatBlack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

coleeeeee17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an Alcatel 4044v and I find the browser will crash if you visit a heavy website. Sometimes I will click the top left key fast and enter a simple website before the heavy one finishes loading. Could be a simple search engine or weather site. I find sometimes you have to click on the browser twice to get it out of the crash state. I find it's battery lasts a long time on standby for road trips.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SGJM the phone was never really designed for browsing internet, other than to check your email. It's got a 2 inch screen, no touch capability etc. You would need a magnifying glass to read everthing. Are you trying to get your mother to upgrade to a smartphone ?

@SGJM  I've never really tried to get the browser to work on my flip phone but I do remember getting a really cute Google page so it is definitely possible. I'll have to look at the settings to see if there's anything that can help you.....the roommate is borrowing it for now. But I'll check in to see if you haven't had any success.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mpcdesign 

I am not the OP asking the question.  My mother uses her GO Flip for over 1 year with the PM $10 50/50 plan.

@popping true enough, but, if you do the search check, it doesn't show up.

Try it out first to see what I mean. I wouldn't want the moderators giving you the same answer if they check to see if your phone doesn't work.

It could be your phone port is stuck. You may need the moderators here to help

If you do need Moderator assistance, what information should you provide?

Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure link so they can authenticate your account information In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number

But, wait for them to contact you. Don't post that information on this forum. 

popping

@mpcdesign 

I purchased my Alcatel Go Flip from TMS.  It is a Virgin prepaid phone without getting a Virgin prepaid plan. This is how I know it will work with PM. 

BTW, Koodo Alcatel Go Flip was more expensive at that time.

@popping, @SGJM Did you check to see if your mom's phone is actually able to work on a Public Mobile network?

1. Click here for the link
  2. Click on the > To find out if your cellular phone is compatible with our network
  3. Select your phone brand and model
  4. Click on Check

I looked for the Alcatel Go Flip and Alcatel Go Flip 4044V and I didn't see this model in the drop-down menu. They did have a Go Play phone. 

popping

My mother is using an Alcatel Go Flip.  I cannot remember what I did.  I was able to send a picuture MMS to her phone as wall paper.  I did not test the browser.  It was painful to setup APN with that dial pad.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Does MMS picture texts work?

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Can you post a screenshot of your APN settings??

They should be like below.

Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.