cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin, please Reset my SIM card

MBessette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I posted on the community page about a month ago, my phone (iPhone6) is continually searching for service. I tried reporting lost then resuming service, it would work for a few hours then return to ‘searching’ and not have service. I was suggested by users in my last post that if this didn’t work my SIM would need to be reset.

Please help with this 🙂 Thanks in advance! 

10 REPLIES 10

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MBessette Hi you can reset your network settings or manually select your network. follow these instructions. please restart your phone after these changes.

iPhone reset network settings:
1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings

iPhone Manually Select Network:
1. Navigate to Settings>Choose Carrier>Disable Automatic
2. The iPhone will now search for available networks
3. Choose desired network

Hope this helps

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@MBessette wrote:

Hello,

I posted on the community page about a month ago, my phone (iPhone6) is continually searching for service. I tried reporting lost then resuming service, it would work for a few hours then return to ‘searching’ and not have service. I was suggested by users in my last post that if this didn’t work my SIM would need to be reset.

Please help with this 🙂 Thanks in advance! 

Looks like you should open up a ticket with the MODS. 

What area are you in as well? if you are not within close proximity of their towers this could also be anissue. 

Go here --> SIMon

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Do you have another unlocked phone to try the SIM card in to see if it is a phone issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MBessette 

I vote hardware problem. Try the SIM in another phone for a while and see if it still struggles.

@MBessette  while awaiting the moderators response here are some possinle solutions to fixing the problem on an IPhone 6. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Making-payments-for-my-monthl...

Since you probably tried the first 4 and 5 should be a last resort, I would skip to number 6. Thanks. Stay safe.

Sorry I meant  this link https://www.ikream.com/how-to-fix-an-iphone-6-searching-error-no-signal-detected-32985

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MBessette 
since you have tried the online option,  you will need to submit a ticket. It might be a faulty sim, but maybe  Pm can help you with that as well.

Follow the steps below:

To submit a ticket, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot SImon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.

(CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterward click on "No, I want a human and you will see a "Submit a ticket Click me!)
           Type a message describing the problem

OR  

You can also >>>Click here<<< to connect with SImon and submit a ticket.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To contact a moderator, you will need to submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MBessette , I sense it may be something to do with your phone.  Maybe the SIM reader is glitchy.  Anyway, even if you get connectivity sporadically, it is unlikely to be an account problem.  There is not such thing as a SIM card reset.  If it has been registered to the account, It will work.  If you still want to interact with a moderator, they can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@MBessette hi if you need a moderator click on ? bottom right corner tell simon your issue😊

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.