cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a phone to the Canadian blacklist

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Has anyone blacklisted a phone?  What is the process?  what information is required, other than IEMI.  How long does it take to become in effect.

I do not need to suspend my current phone etc, its my older phone which i would like to blacklist.

I looked in the forums and didnt really see anyting too helpful, other than one post stating to call telus then then the user was transfered to a PM rep.  

@CS_Agent any insight?

7 REPLIES 7

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's usually no problem getting it on the BL - it's taking it off that's the problem - especially with Telus lol. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I had a phone entered into the blacklist once.  It was a lost device.  The phone was sourced from Telus and so I called them even though it was used on Wind network most of the time.  Account information is needed to confirm ownership of the phone.  Without that, people can call in and blacklist phones they have never ever touched.  The agent will go through network connection logs to ensure the requesting party is legit.  Other than that, it's a painless process.  @mimmo, you may want to go straight to Telus on this one as speaking to a live agent has certain advantages for this kind of interaction.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Not a problem @mimmo, I'm here when you need me : 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo

@Mary_M  Thanks, going  to wait another couple days before i take this next step.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for your reply @mimmo

I'll need your account details to document your account as well as validate your details - standard Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile protocol (for security purposes)

If the phone was unlocked, it shouldn't be an issue as it was originally a Koodo phone. 

Does this make sense?

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo

@Mary_M  Thanks for the  quick reply.  

the phone in question was a koodo one so it should not be an issue.  Why is my account number and phone number needed?  (I do not want to blacklist my current phone).

Also what if my phone was an unlocked fido phone or an international phone?  would I be out of luck?

one final question,  can the blacklist be removed if /when needed.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mimmo,

thank you for your question!

As we don't actually sell devices, we would only be able to put in a request for all Telus/Koodo devices. We would need your account info (phone number, account # and IMEI). 

If the device is non Telus/Koodo, you would need to contact the phone manufacturer. 

Let me know if you need any help 🙂

Mary

Need Help? Let's chat.