cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active SIM card but no data

mat_oli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having a similar issue as the guy posting here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/active-sim-card-but-no-service/m-p/123...

My phone is showing 4 bars of service, but I'm unable to get data. I can make/receive calls just fine, but my phone isn't showing the little "4G" or "LTE" symbol it normally does next to the reception bars. I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge, and have the "sp.mb.com" access point configured for mobile internet, I believe that's the one that came by default with the SIM card.

Can a moderator help out here?

18 REPLIES 18

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, this thread is old if you need help with a similar issue I recommend starting a new thread 

MeatShield
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was this problem solved?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for the update @mat_oli, it's always great reading success stories 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Actually he had data toggled off.

MichelleS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You just need to set your APN settings then you'll be golden

mimmo
Happens to the best of us. Glad it's working again.

Rockdaddy22
Glad you figured it out 🙂

mat_oli

ok I'm the biggest dummy. I went back and checked the "mobile data" toggle in android settings, and it was off..thanks mimmo for your help!!

Ugh..I feel like such an idiot right now.

mat_oli
4408.769  /  12288 MB

Still got quite a bit of data left Smiley Very Happy

mimmo
Just had a thought what does self-serve say your data usage is? Could you maybe have used all your data? Not sure how that would show on a phone...

Rockdaddy22
You could also try facebook, twitter or instagram support.

mat_oli

Will give that a try, thanks mimmo.

mimmo
Private message Sharia with your phone number /.account number. That way she doesn't ask you for that info and reference this thread as well.

mat_oli

My APN settings haven't changed, they're the same as when data was working yesterday, which is exactly the same as in this thread:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr...

I've tried rebooting my phone, popping the SIM card in and out, but all to no avail. I believe it's an account-level issue, which is why I requested moderator assistance initially. I'll try tagging them here.

@Shazia_K  can you assist here? I can PM you my account details if required.

Maybe try a quick google search, i think there is a site that helps figure out APN settings for providers.

Either way im sure those setting are in the forums.

mimmo

silly question is data turned on?  are you connected to wifi? If on wifi I you wont have lte showing.

are you sure  all your apn settings are correct. maybe delete them and add them again.

PS just saw your reply saying that it was working before.

mat_oli

The thing is, it was working just fine last night..I haven't changed any settings on my phone at all.

You're right, hopefully someone more technical can help out?

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@mat_oli  For an issue like this thats probably something technical and not nevessarily the cause of PM, have a search through the forums, theres lots of helpful sources for people who had this resolved.

Maybe one of the oracles or community members who are technically inclined can help out cause its going to be awhile for a mod response.

Need Help? Let's chat.