cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating phone plan

Jayson09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently got a new phone plan with public mobile and I have activated my sim card yet when I turn my phone on, it says my network is locked and asks for my PUK to unlock it. I do not know what my PUK is and am wondering where to go from there?

3 REPLIES 3

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jayson09 FYI:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above. 

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. This is the only unlock code PM can provide.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jayson09 wrote:

I recently got a new phone plan with public mobile and I have activated my sim card yet when I turn my phone on, it says my network is locked and asks for my PUK to unlock it. I do not know what my PUK is and am wondering where to go from there?

If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You need to get ahold of previous cell provider and ask for the unlock code. Should be a free service in most cases.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.