cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating new SIM card.

h_bonita
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My father bought a new phone and bought a new SIM card because he lost his phone. He would like to activate his new SIM card and transfer his stuff from his old SIM card to his new SIM card. He is a public mobile user.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

h_bonita

Okay. Thanks

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If nothing on his old phone was backed up or stored online somewhere (like in Google Photos or similar), there is no way to get his old stuff.

h_bonita

His new phone is LG Aristo 2. He bought it brand new. 

I see. Okay. 

@h_bonita wrote:

I already changed the old SIM card to the new SIM card. I did it on self serve. His new phone still doesn't work. Also, he lost his phone, with all the pics and contacts. Was hoping there was a to get it? And no, he didn't back up anything on his phone.

What type of phone is his new phone?  Was it bought brand new or second hand, is it unlocked?  Without the pictures or contacts being backed up on his computer or cloud storage I don't think there is a way to get them back.  PM wouldn't be storing that information

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

h_bonita

He had a samsung. He lost the phone thou.So he bought a new one. Nothing was backed up on his old phone. 

Yes. I want to transfer his stuff. 

h_bonita

I already changed the old SIM card to the new SIM card. I did it on self serve. His new phone still doesn't work. Also, he lost his phone, with all the pics and contacts. Was hoping there was a to get it? And no, he didn't back up anything on his phone.

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @h_bonita,

What kind of phone does he have?  A lot of phones theses days do not actually store anything on the SIM card.  For iPhone's, the SIM card only stores your personal data like your phone number and billing address, and doesn't actually store any contacts or anything else. 

It seems you just want to transfer stuff from his old phone to his new phone, like pictures, texts messages, contacts, etc., is this correct?  Procedures to do so will vary based on the phone brand.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@h_bonita wrote:

Hi,

My father bought a new phone and bought a new SIM card because he lost his phone. He would like to activate his new SIM card and transfer his stuff from his old SIM card to his new SIM card. He is a public mobile user.

Thank you.

When you say transfer his stuff from his old sim to his new sim what do you mean?  If he lost his old sim how can he do this or do you mean activate his new sim with his old number?  If he wants to activate his new sim with his old number he will need to login to self serve and on the right side of the overview page there will be a change SIM card link and he can do that there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.