cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Data Problem/Please help

Nicole88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone 6. I am unable to activate my data plan following the instructions. In the settings under cellular data network, I have only APN and username and password and not the other settings listed in the instructions. When I turn on data it says 3G but when I try to use it I am unable to do so and the message is that I am not subscribed to any cellular data service.

5 REPLIES 5

shanan9966

Hi, Nicole,

I have the same problem with yours after thansferring my cell phone service to Public Mobile. I tried to solve the data problem myself following the online instructions, however, the mobile data still can not be activated. My iphone 6 plus was purchased from USA. Could you please give me some clues to fix my data problem? Thank you.

Nicole88

I found the problem. I needed new APN from unlockit website. Thank you for your suggestions.

Nicole88

I was able to do it with the chat help. I needed to download a new APN from the unlockit website. It might be because I bought my phone outside of Canada.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nicole88 

With most newer iPhones including 6, you don't need to adjust APN.  

Try to reboot phone. Network reset.

Make sure that your account is active and you have enough data left in your plan.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Nicole88  the other settings are for Android's. Disregard them.

iPhones show. SP.mb.com or ISP.mb.com. You can switch vice versa to see if one works.

However before that. 

Are you new?

Has data ever worked with you on PM?

If it has. log into your account. Scroll down to my data and add-ons and see if you still have data left. If nothing appears in that section. It means you used all your data.

If it's never worked and you're new.

1- put on airplane mode for a few minutes. Turn off airplane mode and try.

2- Reset network settings. Do note: You will loose all saved WiFi passwords.

3- Plug phone with wire to a computer and open up iTunes. See if it pushes any updates to your phone like a carrier update.

Keep us posted.

Need Help? Let's chat.