cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to old text messages

hgr-92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently got a new phone and am needing acces to text messages from a specific date. This date is longer than 2 months ago, so I can't access it by self-serve. Any assistance is appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yet another reason to try to avoid SMS/MMS like the plague.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are some sites offering recovery software. They usually require your phone to be jailbroken and/or charge fees for the recovery. 

@hgr-92 wrote:

Hello,

I recently got a new phone and am needing acces to text messages from a specific date. This date is longer than 2 months ago, so I can't access it by self-serve. Any assistance is appreciated!

It doesn't matter even if the messages are newer than 2 months old. Text messages cannot be read from within your self serve account.  Other than giving the suggestion already provied to you of checking your old device for the messages, there isn't anything that Public Mobile would be able to do.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hgr-92 

If you still have your old phone, you can still read your text messages in your old phone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile does not store text messages. You can see 90 days of history of the number /time someone called, texted you or you accessed data that is it.

You're messages should still be on your old phone if you still have it and did not delete them or factory reset the phone.

Do you still have your old phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.