cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acatel idol 4s windows 10 I cant receive picture texts but i can send them

Melissa2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, i see many posts about the alcatel idol 4s windows 10 and people not being able to send picture texts.  I see lots of suggestions on how to set up the apn, i have even asked the moderator for help.  On the screen all makes sense but when i enter the info on my phone, i still cant receive pictures!  Has anyone actually figured out this problem and have an acatel idol 4s phone where they can send and receive pictures ? If yes, please please tell me what information you entered in your apn.  If i cant figure this out, im going to have to return the phone.  Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello dcadon!

You can get help 24/7 on SIMon via the link below:

https://bit.ly/2NZxb5X

Kind regards,

Moderator Team

@dcadon wrote:

As shown in a reply to the above title, I have the same problem.

Can you more clearly describe where I put : default,supl,mms       

Those are commas, but those settings are Android-specific. They wouldn't help with a Windows Phone device.

dcadon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As shown in a reply to the above title, I have the same problem.

Can you more clearly describe where I put : default,supl,mms       

(and are those commas? or periods? I used Cntrl C to see it above)

I can send pictures and texts and pictures with texts....but, 

I can NOT receive pictures (with or without text) 

I can receive plain text messages. 

Any help would be great. 

Alcatel Idol 4s running Windows 10.

bsperanz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GreatCanadian wrote:

The reason I asked is because a user had an issue with his APN settings just a couple of days ago. He was convinced they were entered properly, but when he posted a screenshot there was indeed an error. Just wondering if you have the same issue.

GC

yeah that was me Smiley Sad

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome!!! Hopefully that's the end of your troubles.

GC

Melissa2

Yesterday, i gave up, packed up my phone and was ready to return, then my husband decided to try one last time, he put the sim card in, did nothing different, and for some odd reason, everything was working ?????? I can send and receive texts now.  I have no idea why. Very very odd. Im hoping that eveything is ok now and it wont suddenly not work again. We will  see. thanks to everyone for their help.

Melissa2

Hello again, 

I dont have my phone with me , however i told my husband what you said to enter; default,supl,mms but he says this is not one of the choices and he can not manually enter any data..he can only use what the choices are.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe windows has stopped updating/supporting their phone program. It might be worth returning the phone and going to Android or apple echosystems.

closng

If I recall correctly, I remember there was another user on the community who was not able to get MMS to work on his Alcatel Idol 4s Windows phone as well, I think he ended up returning the phone.

GreatCanadian

Alright, then try this if you have your phone and SIM with you:

in your APN settings, check the APN type field. If it's empty, type this in exactly as you see it with no spaces. Save it, reboot your phone and see if it works:

default,supl,mms

Melissa2

I do have the phone with me but last night my husband ( who knows alot about phones) tried to figure this out for hours and couldnt figure it out.  So he put the sim card back in  my old phone lumia 640 and everything worked as normal ( sending pics etc.) The problem is really with the alcatel idol 4s. I assume there is a trick to figuring it out but i cant seem to find that trick.  I  have to wait for my husband to come home tonight and put the sim card back in the alcatel idol 4s and then ill be able to give you more details. thanks

GreatCanadian

Do you have your phone with you right now?

GC

GreatCanadian

No it wasn't an alcatel phone, but as soon as he corrected his APN settings his phone worked perfectly.

GC

Melissa2

That makes sense, ill send you the screen shot tonight.  Did that person have an alcatel idol 4s windows 10 ? Did he manage to fix the issue ?

GreatCanadian

The reason I asked is because a user had an issue with his APN settings just a couple of days ago. He was convinced they were entered properly, but when he posted a screenshot there was indeed an error. Just wondering if you have the same issue.

GC

Melissa2

Melissa2

I am unable to post a screen shot at this  moment, i will post it tonight. Sorry. Hope you can help me out later 🙂 

GreatCanadian

Can you please post a screenshot of your APN settings?

GC

Need Help? Let's chat.