cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About change Mobile oprator

g963088098
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to change the Mobile oprator, May I  change the plan without changing the phone number?

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@g963088098 wrote:

I want to change the Mobile oprator, May I  change the plan without changing the phone number?

@g963088098   To add to what's already been said, if you have CC on file remember to log into your account and remove it before porting out as you will not be able to access your account once your number is ported out.

@g963088098  care to share why you're leaving?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@g963088098 wrote:

No, no, no, I mean to transfer from PUBLIC MOBILE to another mobile operator. How does it work in PUBLIC MOBILE

Leaving your account active here...it's all at the other side. Public Mobile will then close your account here and hand over your number. No refunds or credits or pro-rating here. Although some might argue that if you deposited real money into your account that you could get it refunded. But not rewards and credits that aren't real money.

Exactly the same in reverse. Keep your PM account open. Give the phone number , account number or whatever the new telephone provider requires to port your number out.

@g963088098 wrote:

No, no, no, I mean to transfer from PUBLIC MOBILE to another mobile operator. How does it work in PUBLIC MOBILE

@gblackma  You might be assuming too much..... the OP didn't say whether he/she wanted to move TO PM, or AWAY from PM.... 🤔  LOL, ninja'd by the OP! 🙄 

g963088098
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @g963088098 You may transfer /port your number here from your old provider . Your old account must be active to do this. You can initiate the port yourself unless you port from Koodo which requires moderator(customer service here) help. 

It's recommended that you activate your PM  SIM card with a temporary cell phone number. And set up your self service / my account . You can then initiate your port from within. This gives you a safety net in case something goes wrong. 

@g963088098 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.