cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to make and receive calls not working

howard1954
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since this morning my ability to make calls and receive them has become limited. How can full service be returned?

7 REPLIES 7

@howard1954 ,

Can you swap your SIM with your wife's phone (or if you have another phone to try this with) and see if the same thing happens?

Trying to find out an issue with your phone or with your account in this test.

Make sure to reboot the phone after inserting the SIM and prior to testing.

@howard1954  is it possible your wife accidently blocked your number? Ask her to check her blocked number list to make sure.

@howard1954 

If @esjliv and @popping suggestions don't work  you can try resetting your network settings and rebooting and/or log into your account and report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Report found. Log out and reboot. This will reprovision your sim card. Hopefully one of these two will work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@howard1954 wrote:

my plan is active. Payment due by 20 auto. Right now 0 money. To be more accurate. I can Make and receive some calls but not all,expecially my wife.

Restart your phone and ask your wife to call you again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @howard1954 ,

It sounds like you have some services? Maybe the SIM is not sitting just right in your phone or lost connection to the network.

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

When you sign into your self serve account, does the last four digits of your SIM card number match your actual SIM card? If so, that is good!

If problems still persist, do you have another phone you can try the SIM card in?

Also...did you just port a number to Public Mobile. A cell number can take a few hours to complete. A landline can take a few days.

If you have been a customer already for some time and none of the above is working or applies to you, then maybe your account needs to be checked out by a PM Moderator.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1600206688183.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Let us know what gets you working again - good luck!

howard1954
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my plan is active. Payment due by 20 auto. Right now 0 money. To be more accurate. I can Make and receive some calls but not all,expecially my wife.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@howard1954 wrote:

Since this morning my ability to make calls and receive them has become limited. How can full service be returned?

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account status ACTIVE?

If your account status is expired or suspended, you need to add enough fund to you account to pay for your plan fees and click on the "Reactivate current plan" link to get your phone working ASAP.

Need Help? Let's chat.