cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN no longer works On Galaxy Note 8 Since plan change...

tremblinglight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

About a month ago (after using a different phone on PM for years) I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Everything worked great - even data - until I updated my plan to the new promotion the other day. Calls and texts work, but no matter what settings I try to use it won't give me data. What gives? Did the settings change or something? I literally just set up the APN for my friend's Zenfone on PM and that worked with no problems ...

Thanks in advance for any help!

5 REPLIES 5

tremblinglight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I totally didn't even think to re-start my phone, and that 100% fixed my problem. Oops!

Thank you so much, you really helped!

Kristi1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It might be a different issue: You just updated your plan and it depends - if you changed plan immediately (not future dated) or you selected “Change on next renewal date”.

If was changed on renewal date – maybe you used all current data (?), so need to wait for data from new plan.

Anyway – good to write to Moderator_Team, as could be so different issues in your case.

Community Moderators are available:

Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Good luck 🙂

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tremblinglight you should log in to self serve to make sure "My Data & Add-Ons" is there when you changed to new plan. If it's there and usage data is not used up, you should contact MODS about that. But before contact Mods you can try to reset your network settings, reboot your phone.

send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that for you when you tried everything but the data still doesn't work out.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@tremblinglight

It seems odd everything would work until a plan change. You obviously verified that your plan includes data? You did not accidently choose a "talk+text" only plan and your "my account" shows you still have data available on your active plan?

After you verify in "my account" try sticking your sim card into your friends zen phone. That would illiminate all local problems with your note8. If data works in his phone but not yours we will need to look into other possible problems with your note8. I assume you have tried restarting your phone?

If data does not work when you use your sim card in your friends phone it soudns like a problem with your account or some glitch when switching plans you would have to send a private message to the moderator team click here to send a private message once you verify

Need Help? Let's chat.