cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings not working

BrentKilboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did a factory reset on my wife's Galaxy S5, and now I can't get MMS messages to work. I entered the APN as listed on this page - https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-s5 but I just can't get it to work. I've tried restarting after saving, changing network mode between the 3 settings of Global, LTE/CDMA, and LTE/GSM/UMTS. Restarted after each and checked APN was selected. Still no luck. No idea what else to do at this point. (Galaxy S5 is G900V. Android version is 6.0.1)

12 REPLIES 12

Morgan_G
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Never mind. That seems to have resolved itself. I can now send and receive MMS messages regardless of wifi.

Morgan_G
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Changing the APN settings to default,supl,mms worked for me after a reset, but only if my wifi is turned off.

How do I get it to work whether or not I'm on wifi?

BrentKilboy

Oh actually I did get it to work, by adding that other APN but still having the other one selected as the active APN, then it started working! I have no idea how that makes it work, but at least it does!

BrentKilboy

No luck with those either

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I m sure you already tried with the data on + wifi off too.

Add on your current apn the apn type : default,supl,mms

If it does not work,

I noticed an user added another apn and it worked.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/67317#M1705...

BrentKilboy

Oh and sorry, G900V, typo.

BrentKilboy

It worked fine before I did the factory reset. And I just tried the Network Settings Reset, no luck. Voice and regular text work fine. When an MMS comes in instead of getting it, it shows a Download button, and click that just spins and spins on downloading.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BrentKilboy, I am trying to do a compatibility check on the phone and I am unable to find the G600V model on this site.  I doubt that there is a compatibility problem but gotta turn over every stone.  The network mode should be LTE/GSM/UMTS.  I am wondering if there is any sort of network reset feature that needs to be deployed to clear old settings.  I know that carrier brands like LG need this done.  This is one of the reasons why I like using carrier agnostic phones. 

https://willmyphonework.net/

NewZQ

In the plan it says UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging so normally, if you have the data toggle active on your phone, it should work. Pheraps your phone settings on data maximum reached could be the problem. Maybe it keeps data off since it reached x data.

BrentKilboy

Hmm, all the data is used up for the month. Does Public Mobile need a data plan active to send and receive MMS? I know when I was on Rogers, I didn't have a data plan at all and could still use MMS. (Also tried reseating sim card no luck)

ashleyb

Did you try checking to make sure the APN settings work while your not on wifi and allow you to connect to the internet? My samsung was not working with the APN settings but everything was not working. I had to reset my phone and then it worked fine. Some people are against reseting to factory settings but if all else fails that may be a solution.

NewZQ

So I assume that sms and voice is working.

When Wifi and Data Internet are both active it does not work ? Try reseating the sim card.

Could be a network bug so toggle on and then off airplane mode. If not, reset your network settings in settings, reset.

Pheraps something went wrong after the factory reset so go to your messaging app and do a clear cache.

So when you try to send an image with the sms app, what does it says under the image ? Connecting... ?

Need Help? Let's chat.