cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings for Tethering

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Just Curious. I know how to Do APN Settings Now.

But, What do I do For Tethering, What I Imput, Where I Imput?

I just Remember Something Word Called Done, or Dunn, Whichever Comes first. Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

ninezero
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1:

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 7 and lower (BB curve, Bold, Torch, storm) - All > Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Windows

Windows 8 Step 1 Settings > cellular > Add or Edit internet APN 

Step 2: 

You will need to input the following information: 

Name:  Public Mobile
APN:  sp.mb.com 
Proxy:  Leave blank 
Port:  Leave blank 
Username:  Leave blank 
Password:  Leave blank 
Server:  Leave blank 
MMSC:  http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy:  74.49.0.18 
MMS port:  80 
MCC:  302 
MNC:  220 
Authentication type:  Leave blank 
APN type:  Leave blank 

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Makkahn28,

I'm sorry about the experience you received while contacting our call center. We will look into this!

Thank you

My Moto G Stone seems to be all set, Fascinating

The Technical Support Guy I spoke to was Very Rude, Laughed at Me on Phone. I feel Insulted. Is ThisThe World Class Service I Was Hoping for? I feel like Public Mobile wants us Gone. I am Deeply Upset

Hi. Thanks Martin. You are Great at This. Now I must, with all due Respect, Mildly Scold Public Mobile for Forgetting to add the Tethering Info.

I am attempting to setup, so When I am somewhere and Need To Use Something, like My Nintendo 3DS, or Need Quick Use for Laptop to do Mild Work, Having to Call *611 to get that Support.

Shame on Public Mobile for Lack of Info. That Adds More Stress to Me, and Now Add More Steps to My To Do List. Public Mobile Should have a Complete Comprehensive Setup Guide for APN and Tethering Setup, so PPL can have full Function. No Disrespect Intended, But Shame on You for Lack of Details. Now I will have to Do all the Info Guide Myself. I at Least would want to Help My Fellowship PPL who want to Have World-Class Experience. Just My way of Constructive Criticism, Unless Public Mobile doesn't Tolerate Any Criticism at All. Then I'll Keep Quiet and Steer Clear of Community. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Only ,dun was missing from your presets because tethering was not permitted under the old Terms of Service when data was unlimited.

The above questions are not within my area of expertise. My apologies!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Add ,dun to hipri

Also, How Do I Activate Tethering? Can I use WEP, AS WELL AS WPA, WPA2, ETC?,Especially WEP

This was Already Preset. Is this all required? Or Not?

Screenshot_2015-02-07-13-38-43.pngHere's the other

Screenshot_2015-02-07-13-38-52.pngThis is One Snapshot of My Setup

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

I have 2 Moto G smartphones, but only one with a SIM card. The one with the card is currently recharging. Without the card, the settings will not appear, and therefore I am unable to provide you with a screen capture.

As previously stated, Google is your best friend. It has all the information that you are seeking.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire
Can You give me an Visual, Snapshot, so I can enter properly? I concerned I may enter something wrong, and Screw up My Handset to access Data, or something worse. Not as Technically Literate yet. Lots to Learn.

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

Go to Settings in your Moto G. Look for Wireless & Networks. Click "More ..." under Data Usage. Click Mobile Networks. Using the plus sign add ",dun" (with the comma, but without the quotation marks) to APN type.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire
Where Exactly? Can You give Me a Visual and Highlight the sections if Possible? Thanks

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

Add dun (all lower case) to APN type.

Just Wanting to Know. So that I May eventually attempt to use My Phone as a Temporary Wifi Hot for my PC When at College, only when College Wifi Acts up. Also, How to Turn Tethering On, What Steps to follow?

That's Pretty Funny. Its DUN Standing For Dial-Up Network. Sounds like a Stand-Up Comedy. 

No Disrespect intended. Now, Where to Place it, And How to Place it in Stone Settings

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

It's DUN, standing for Dial-Up Networking.
Need Help? Let's chat.