cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Setting Default MCC 310 - Can't change to 302!!!

pxszycan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Samsung Note 2 unlocked. When I tried to add APN under mobile networks, the default mcc shown is 310. I can't save it as 302. After I change it to 302 and save, the public mobile APN will disappear. I can save changes for all fields (proxy port etc) except MCC. 

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304 indeed, though consistent with the T-mobile that the card seems to inexplicably be locked to!  Very very strange indeed....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hi again @pxszycan!

This is highly unusual problem.  Area code 267 is in Pennsylvania,US.. well outside the PM jurisdiction or coverage area.  

Anyways, I hope that transferring your account to the new sim card will fix this.  Would love to hear an update once you have the sim card.  Good luck.  

pxszycan

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

srlawren

@pxszycan that's really weird!  I've never heard of a factory reset somehow corrupting a previously correctly functioning SIM card, but it appears that's what has happened to you.  😞  Hopefully replacing your card will resolve the issue.  I wish you good luck, and hope you will keep us posted after receiving the replacement.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pxszycan

Thanks!Believe it or not, this not a new sim card. It was working fine for 6 month! Until I did a reset on my phone yesterday! Originally I thought it's a android software issue, I reset the phone again, didn't work. Today I tried the sim card with a new phone and it still didn't work. That's when I start to feel problem is caused by sim card. However, I don't understand how a phone reset could permanently change MCC and MNC setting stored in a sim card? Is that even possible? 

Just an updated. My just found out the phone # assigned to my sim has changed to something else! How weird! My # has always been 647******5, now it shows 267******3.... full signal bar, but can't register on network. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pxszycan

Please don't hesitate to send me a private message with your complete shipping address. I'll be able to order a new SIM card for 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@pxszycan if you're getting the same result in another unlocked phone, I think it must be the SIM card somehow.  I'm assuming you have never successfully used this particular SIM card in the past and you are activating a new service?  I think you may need to get a replacement SIM card unfortunately.  I'm going to suggest that you private message @Mary_M and @Shazia_K with your situation and your shipping address and ask them to send you a new SIM card to try to resolve the issue.

pxszycan

Deleted T-Mobile profile and tried to add Public Mobile as new. Samething, default MMC 310 MNC 260. I changed them to 302 and 220. As soon as I hit save, the entire APN entry disappears. I can only save the entry with default 310/260 settings. Any changes to MMC and MNC cannot be saved......

I start to wonder is the MMC MNC setting saved in the SIM card or the phone?? So I tried the pm sim card in an unclocked NOTE4. Exactly the same thing! Default MMC310 MNC 260! 

Does anyone know how to change this??? Thanks in advance.

Btw, I've tried to factory reset Note 2 # of times with Samsung Kies. That doesn't fix this issue.

pxszycan

My note 2 was originally from Rogers. Unlocked after contract is over. I tried "restore defaults", and T-Mobile US is what I get after the restore. 

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @pxszycan,

Just delete the profile on your phone and restart the process. 

Yours,

imm1304

Hi @pxszycan!

Your Note 2 must have originally come from T-Mobile USA.  

Public Mobile sim cards can't possibly be locked to T-mobile as that would be suicidal on PM's part.

On the APN settings page, tap the 3-dots menu and select "Restore defaults"  

Then, tap the same menu button and select "Add APN" and enter fresh APN settings specific to PM as shown here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr...

Save the new PM APN and select it.  A green dot should show next to these newly entered PM settings.  

pxszycan

Just tired did a factory reset on Note2, same thing...

Forgot to mention, the default APN when inserting public mobile sim card is "T-Mobile US". Below are the settings.

Name- T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: not set

Password: not set

server: not set

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms.wapenc

Multimedia message proxy: not set

Mutimedia message port: not set

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN type: default, supl,mms,mms2

I tried to change MCC under T-Mobile, as soon as I hit "save change", the entire APN disappears. Looks like the sim card is locked to MMC310 MNC260 some how...... Any one knows how to change this??? 

Need Help? Let's chat.