cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Not Working for Sony X F5122

public_roma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my APN settings, or something else is not working for the Sony Xperia X F5122.
The compatibility checker seems to say it's compatible but I did not see the F5122 just the Xperia X. Can anyone confirm or deny? Or have any tips? I've tried adding the APN 5 different times and almost have it memorized by now.

40 REPLIES 40

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@public_roma  It may not help, but at this point you should maybe edit the two entries for MVNO to be blank, and give that a try. That's what got it working on my old Samsung S3.

public_roma

Could this be a bunk SIM card? Is that even possible? I feel like I'm so close I can see the network but no connection.

public_roma

I've reset the network settings and it's on the default APN but it's still not connecting. I see Public Mobile on my networks but it just won't connect.

public_roma

It let's me save and edit the ones I create, I don't think this is the issue as it lets me cycle between my choices easily. I set up PM mobile on one of our other cell phones last week as well and had no trouble with the default APN settings automatically created.

public_roma_0-1603301850739.png

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@public_roma reset the APN settings to default and leave it alone. then do a network reset. 

*you can try factory resetting your phone. make sure to back up all your important files

public_roma

Of course. I'm also seeing PM on available networks but it's unable to connect.

IMG_20201021_101129.jpgIMG_20201021_101140.jpgIMG_20201021_101156.jpgIMG_20201021_095247.jpg

@public_roma wrote:

Good to know my phone is compatible. Yes created a few new APN profiles now and none of them seem to work. Including the one automatically made 😕

Are you able to save the APN that you manually created?  If so, make sure it is selected as the default APN.  

Looking at the information on your phone online, it does not appear that you are running android 8.  Some versions of android 8 blocked APN addition/editing.  Putting a Wind/Freedom SIM card into the phone temporarily to enable APN editing was found to be a good workaround for the issue.  

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@public_roma  Can you post a screenshot of your APN settings just in case. 

public_roma

Good to know my phone is compatible. Yes created a few new APN profiles now and none of them seem to work. Including the one automatically made 😕

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@public_roma , this phone is compatible.  Are you trying to edit an APN or adding?  I believe you cannot edit an APN because the APN file is read only.  You should be able to add an APN.  Make sure to save before exiting.  

Need Help? Let's chat.