cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Greyed out

fsahmed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Umidigi X, and it was one of the approved phones on Public mobile website. I am unable to browse internet, however I can make phone calls. When I go to APN, it has two APN already auto filled, and its greyed out. I am unable to make any changes. Is there any easy solution or its time to cancel public mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fsahmed wrote:

Is it possible that this is not working because my data speed is restricted to 3G?

No. The "3G" name is really just indicating so-called 3G speeds. If your phone is set to choose LTE then you connect using LTE by default but throttled down to 3G speeds (3Mbps). You can also set your phone to connect to HSDPA.

fsahmed

Is it possible that this is not working because my data speed is restricted to 3G?

@fsahmed wrote:

It does but the second sim card slot iOS really big 

@fsahmed  Sounds like the second slot is a combo sd/sim card meanining you can use it for a sd sd memory card or a second sim card.

fsahmed

It does but the second sim card slot iOS really big 

@fsahmed  Does that phone support 2 sims? If yes, then put both sims in at the same time and add the PM APN.

fsahmed

i did that, I mean freedom mobile sim. But as soon I put the public mobile sim card back it replaced all APN and inserted what came with Sim. The freedom sim had no service however 

@fsahmed 

Here is another thread about someone with the same issues. More ideas to fix the issue. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Umidigi-X-APN-settings/m-p/472632#M36...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fsahmed wrote:

I have Umidigi X, and it was one of the approved phones on Public mobile website. I am unable to browse internet, however I can make phone calls. When I go to APN, it has two APN already auto filled, and its greyed out. I am unable to make any changes. Is there any easy solution or its time to cancel public mobile?

@fsahmed  The easiest way would be to order a roam.com sim card from ebay or get a hold of a freedom mobile sim card and it will allow you to enter the Public Mobile APN entry.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Apparently if you insert a Freedom Mobile SIM into your phone it will allow you to add APNs.  So if you can get access to one insert it add the PM APN info put in your PM SIM and it should work

Maybe you know someone who has a Freedom sim? If not maybe at a cell kiosk they'll let you.

Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You just need to add a new APN you should see a + sign near the top of the screen.

Need Help? Let's chat.