cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Curious (Galaxy) Note Fan

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey,

I'm wondering who here has a Samsung Galaxy Note X phone, and by "X" I mean any variant.

I currently have a Galaxy Note 4 I picked up about a week ago.

How about yourself?

13 REPLIES 13

Obice

@Ed404 wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Well they are expensive because they bare the Samsung name, probably. Also they tend to be packed with features.

If you're looking for a Note style LG phone I believe their "V" series is a direct competitor.

Awesome, thank you Smiley Happy

Don't mention it. Smiley Very Happy

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Obice wrote:

Well they are expensive because they bare the Samsung name, probably. Also they tend to be packed with features.

If you're looking for a Note style LG phone I believe their "V" series is a direct competitor.

Awesome, thank you Smiley Happy

Obice

@Ed404 wrote:

I'm pretty fond of the Samsung Note phones, but sadly they're too expensive. The only one I've used was the Samsung S2 Note and I loved using it with its stylus. I'm an LG phone guy and I wish the LG Stylos variants were more Samsung Note like :l

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm pretty fond of the Samsung Note phones, but sadly they're too expensive. The only one I've used was the Samsung S2 Note and I loved using it with its stylus. I'm an LG phone guy and I wish the LG Stylos variants were more Samsung Note like :l

Obice

@ShadiyaO wrote:

I have GALAXY note 4 and 5. I love them both. I use the note 5 more and 4 is just a back up.

Regards,

ShadiyaO 

Ah nice. My main reason for using the Note 4 is the removable battery and I can transfer media to and from the device as if it were a USB device.

ShadiyaO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have GALAXY note 4 and 5. I love them both. I use the note 5 more and 4 is just a back up.

Regards,

ShadiyaO 

Obice

I'm wondering if I would be under any kind of scrutiny for putting up a guide in this section of the forum on how to root and customize certain android phones or if this is "better left on other forums such as XDA".

Obice

@lukevader wrote:

I hear you, but what good are phones with removable batteries when everyone stops making that battery? Take my note 2 for example, the battery I ordered finally showed up and it didnt even hold a charge longer than a minute. It charged, said it was charged, turned on the phone and it said 100% only to be given a criticially low popup saying 5% then the phone would shut down. I had to send it back to the seller.

Plus with the trade in price I got right from samsung "I'd have to be the crazy one" to pass up over $400. I could just buy another note 4 off kijiji if I wanted to replace it I guess, but I don't.

The note 10 is an amazing phone, very fast, beautiful camera and screen. The fingerprint reader is finally on the front like the note 4 was, (I sure missed that) but its glitchy and doesnt always match.

PS, when I bought the note 10 I also had a 10% off coupon I found that actually worked. Saved another 140ish right off the top plus 12 equal payments 0% interest. It was a great deal.

Smart devices with removable batteries are a dying breed, no doubt. If you buy an original battery and it is dead on arrival (sorta speak), I recommend trying a third party battery by PowerBear or something, they even make extended batteries where you get a new back for your phone since the battery is bigger (I don't really recommend the extended battery but I do recommend trying a normal size battery, the back for the extended battery is very cheap plastic and the protective case is just as much of a joke).

My main objection to non-removable batteries is that they are deliberately designed to be hard to remove so that you have more incentive to just get a new phone... Who wants the "hassle" of opening up a sealed device to replace a battery when you can just buy a new phone that's likely 'faster' than what you have?

I put faster in quotes up there because we live in a very incremental age where each new generation is a tiny bit faster than the last... not worth the upgrade to me.

On the other hand, the more consumerist part of the table, you sound like you got a good deal providing you keep the phone in good shape and have it for more than 3-5 years. Replace the battery rather than buying the Note 11 or 12.

All I'm saying.

lukevader

I hear you, but what good are phones with removable batteries when everyone stops making that battery? Take my note 2 for example, the battery I ordered finally showed up and it didnt even hold a charge longer than a minute. It charged, said it was charged, turned on the phone and it said 100% only to be given a criticially low popup saying 5% then the phone would shut down. I had to send it back to the seller.

Plus with the trade in price I got right from samsung "I'd have to be the crazy one" to pass up over $400. I could just buy another note 4 off kijiji if I wanted to replace it I guess, but I don't.

The note 10 is an amazing phone, very fast, beautiful camera and screen. The fingerprint reader is finally on the front like the note 4 was, (I sure missed that) but its glitchy and doesnt always match.

PS, when I bought the note 10 I also had a 10% off coupon I found that actually worked. Saved another 140ish right off the top plus 12 equal payments 0% interest. It was a great deal.

Obice

@lukevader wrote:

I own the note2, and owned a note3, note4, still have the s7 edge, s8+, and now the note 10+

I just traded in my mint note 4 on the note 10+ and got a $438 credit from it. it would have been the note 2 I could have traded in for $400 but the dang battery was deader than dead and I couldnt get a replacement battery in time before I had to ship to clover wireless

I'll probably be called out for this, as being crazy, but never ever trade in your old phone(s) for new phone(s). Old phones have removable batteries and for that reason alone I think they are superior to new phones and devices in general.

On another note (pun not intended), how do you like your Note 10?

lukevader

I own the note2, and owned a note3, note4, still have the s7 edge, s8+, and now the note 10+

I just traded in my mint note 4 on the note 10+ and got a $438 credit from it. it would have been the note 2 I could have traded in for $400 but the dang battery was deader than dead and I couldnt get a replacement battery in time before I had to ship to clover wireless

Obice

@will13am wrote:

The first and sadly last Samsung phone I ever owned and used was the Note 2.  I still have the phone and it works great still.  When the Note 3 and 4 came out, clearly the company had lost its way.  Today, I don't touch Samsung phones.  

I'd like to eventually own the Notes 1 through 4. I got the 4 so now for the rest. The Note 3 is in fact my favorite phone of all time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The first and sadly last Samsung phone I ever owned and used was the Note 2.  I still have the phone and it works great still.  When the Note 3 and 4 came out, clearly the company had lost its way.  Today, I don't touch Samsung phones.  

Need Help? Let's chat.