cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days number still not ported

Darrenm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I could use some help with a number transfer that appears to be transferred but when anyone calls, it says the number is not in service. Outbound calls are fine. Anyone at PM able to assist?

6 REPLIES 6

Darrenm

That link with how to call Telus worked. They spent time reviewing the situation. Its still not resolved, but now appears to be the other venders turn to do something with routing. I had also ported a second number that changed within a few hours, this one for some reason is giving issues.

Thanks for the guidance!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Darrenm wrote:

I could use some help with a number transfer that appears to be transferred but when anyone calls, it says the number is not in service. Outbound calls are fine. Anyone at PM able to assist?

Remember only Active Numbers can be Ported. Was your number active with your Previous Provider when you put in the Port Request? If it was active then the port request failed somewhere because wireless to wireless ports don't take that long.  Send a Private message to the moderators with as much information as possible for a Resolution 

Darrenm

In this case its moving away from PM and its not letting go on the routing. Thanks for the reference to the Telus support team!

@mimmo wrote:

@Darrenm  this link might help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Nice link! Seeing as it's a bit dated, I'm curious to know if it still works.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Darrenm wrote:

Who is your old provider? Is it landline or cell line?

Landline can take up to 7 days to port over.

BTW did you happen to cancel service with your old provider?

If so, you may have aborted the port transfer request.

If this is the case, you can connect your old provider to reactivate your account. The line needs to be active in order for the port request to work.

Then contact PM Moderator_team to follow-up.

Need Help? Let's chat.