cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 phones

Murdog1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2 phones but only 1 account is showing up. If i go to register the second phone it says it is already registered. I need the account number for the second phone. How can I find it?

4 REPLIES 4

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The strange thing is how Public Mobile handles phone + email accounts... one phone account per email address like was said.  If you're already registered with one email account, then that's probably why you're getting that error.

It's easy enough to create a free email address with Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc and you can always enable email-forwarding so that all email gets forwarded to your primary email address.  Bonus - you'll usually see the original forwarded address in the email, so even if you forget what this "second" email address is, you'll still see it in inbound forwarded messages. 🙂

Or, if the SIM card is activated already and need account-specific support - contact a Moderator to look into your account.  Click the chat bubble in the bottom-left corner to access the SIMon chatbot to open a ticket, or you can message them directly too:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it's something else, let us know... but goodluck!  🙂

@Murdog1 

Did you use the same email for both accounts? That would cause one account to be hidden by the second account being activated with the same email. If that is the case you would have to contact the moderators to find the first account and access it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Murdog1 wrote:

I have 2 phones but only 1 account is showing up. If i go to register the second phone it says it is already registered. I need the account number for the second phone. How can I find it?

You need to create another account with a different email address.

Each PM account allows only one phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Murdog1 : If you still have the welcome email from when you activated, it's embedded in the To:. You would likely need to look in the headers of the email. It will be 1 and a bunch of 0's then your account #.

Need Help? Let's chat.